Test Article Title

test alt textOVERVIEW: A lifestyle and advice publication by students for students, College Magazine covers academics, fashion, nightlife, entertainment, sex, sports, and local events and profiles real students.

CHALLENGE: College Magazine retained Jacob Tyler to create a full brand for the magazine. JTCG designed a logo and business system, overall magazine design and layout, and design and development of the Web site and Eblast campaigns.
SOLUTION: JTCG developed the Web site, integrating a content management system, giving students the ability to upload and edit video, blogs, forums, article content and more. Utilizing the popular social media tool, Digg.com, JTCG generated over 37,000 unique visitors to the site within a 24-hour period by posting an article that received 800+ ‘diggs’. Combined with on-site and off-site search optimization tactics, collegemagazine.com was #1 on Google search listings within three weeks of launch.

JTCG then implemented an eBlast template that was used to regularly communicate with College Magazine subscribers and track which articles obtain the most ‘hits’ in order to drive the content of future magazines. After analyzing the target market and determining appropriate global style guides, JTCG designed the layout of the magazine itself. The result captivated the desired age bracket and elicited enough readers and advertisers to enable distribution expansion from 5,000 to 30,000 print publications after only two issues.   

How to Distinguish Between Interests and Passions

During my semester leave from my university, I have done plenty of soul-searching especially about my major. I am a...