9 Excuses To Get Out of Class (That Actually Work)

Need a good excuse to get out of class? You wake up with the hangover from hell, have nothing to wear, didn’t do the homework or just can’t muster up the energy to get out of bed. You pray that you’ve accrued enough good karma that you’ll get a last-minute email from your professor saying class has been cancelled or better yet, a PSA that Mondays have been permanently revoked from life. When neither happen, you desperately need to think on your toes to come up with a creative excuse. Instead of fibbing about vague family emergencies or your dog feasting on your term paper, here are nine excuses to keep in your arsenal to ensure you won’t get caught in a lie.

Check out 9 good excuses for missing class.

1. Bad Apple

Tell your professor you got food poisoning. You puke all over your bathroom for 24 hours and you come in bright-eyed and bushy-tailed the next day, even though you just wrote an Adderall-induced essay in one sitting. You can really only use this one once, so don’t make it a habit.

2. Disorder in the Court

Let your professor know that you’re scheduled for jury duty. They can’t argue with the law. Tread lightly, however, if your prof is the type to ask for proof.

3. Take Care of Business

Simply tell your professor that you’ve been in the bathroom all morning. No one wants to hear the details on your diarrhea, so they likely won’t pry any further. This is a go-to excuse for those who don’t mind putting your BMs on blast.

4. Go Nuts

Claim that you accidentally ate some peanuts and you’re having an allergic reaction. No one’s going to make you come to class if you’re breaking out in hives. The best part–you don’t need a doctor’s note.

5. Accidents Happen

accidents happen zac efron

Whether it was a fender bender or a four-car pile up, accidents are a great excuse to get an extension.

6. Lie Trough Your Teeth

You just got your wisdom teeth out, you look like Alvin the chipmunk and are on way too many painkillers to drive to school, so you have to spend the day chillin’ on the couch eating ice cream. Hey, only half of that is actually a lie.

7. The Key to Getting Out of Class

Tell your teacher that you locked your keys in your car and by the time Triple-A comes to the rescue, class will be over.

8. Grand Theft Auto

Tell your professor your car got stolen and you have no way of getting to school. Say that you have to file a police report, even though the only cars getting jacked are the pixelated ones on your TV.

9. Lice It Up

If you tell your teacher you contracted lice over the weekend, they’ll actually be thankful you didn’t come to class. The email is quick and easy: “That’s the last time I’m buying a beanie from a thrift store…”

You’ll totally justify missing class while snuggled up in your dorm room, wearing super cute and comfy tank tops:

donut worry be happy tank

Look cute while finding good excuses for missing class.

i woke up like this tshirt

sorry I have plans tshirt

Madison is a senior at San Francisco State University, pursuing a degree in Journalism. College has been her favorite adventure so far. Much like the prolific musician Asher Roth, she’s wondering if she really has to graduate, or if she can just stay here for the rest of her life.