Join our Team

Do you love college? Do you love to write?

We’re looking for talented writers who are passionate about the college experience. As a staff writer for College Magazine, you will capture campus life for current and prospective students through weekly entertaining articles.

Writer Training

Our staff writers begin with an eight-week training program to learn the ins and outs of online journalism while building their portfolio. Writers focus on sharpening their research, interview and writing skills through a series of assignments as well as team critiques. Working closely with our editors, our writers improve their technical writing skills and ultimately uncover their unique voice.

Our graduates have gone on to careers at Mashable, Seventeen Magazine, Allure, Redbook, Rachel Ray Magazine, and Washingtonian.

About the Position

Staff writers write weekly, promote their articles via social media and attend meetings with their editor. The position is 10 hours a week. We welcome applicants from all majors. Previous writing experience for a college-level publication is a plus.

How to Apply

To apply, please send your resume and a writing sample to [email protected] or submit our form below. We will be in touch within a week.