EAT YOUR HEART OUT (and other recipes for Valentine's Day)

by Celestine Au on February 13, 2013
Sophomore > Communication Studies > University of California, Los Angeles

Whether you’re in a committed relationship for Valentine’s, throwing a feminist sleepover for Gal-entine’s Day or reaching for tissues this Singles Awareness Day – let’s...

Keep Reading...

Why I Miss Elementary School Valentine's Day

by Bianca Monaco on February 13, 2013
Senior > International Business and Italian > Loyola University Maryland

OK. Bear with me. Remember when you bought those umm, cards with Power Rangers, Batman, Barbie, Rugrats? You know the valentine cards made for everyone? Wouldn’t it be cool if we had them for ...

Keep Reading...

Boy Scouts Rethink Ban on Gays

by Marissa Russo on February 12, 2013
Junior > Journalism > Michigan State University

Several months ago, Boy Scouts of America released a statement that said openly gay Scouts and Scout leaders should not apply. As one of the largest private youth organizations in the United States,...

Keep Reading...

Gifts for the Girl in Your Life

by Lucy Negash on February 12, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Sociology > University of Notre Dame

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner (how could one forget?), most girlfriends or significant others always assume that you, the boyfriends or important males in their lives, will be scrambling...

Keep Reading...

What To Do When Your Friend Is Dating a D-Bag

by Bianca Monaco on February 12, 2013

What do you do when your friend is dating a D-bag? Contrary to popular belief, life isn’t black and white and neither are its answers. What type of relationship are we talking about? According...

Keep Reading...

Student Spotlight: CM Interviews Photographer and Designer Alex Lee

by Marie McGrath on February 11, 2013
Junior > English & Communication > Boston College

FIT student Alex Lee is a man often in camouflage, but he certainly doesn’t blend in with the background. These days he can be spotted on the streets of New York, no doubt wielding his Canon SLR...

Keep Reading...

Stop Whining! Valentine's Day Isn't Just for Couples

by Tatiana Baez on February 11, 2013
Sophomore > Journalism and Environmental Science > New York University

I don’t hate Valentine’s Day; I hate the people who hate Valentine’s Day. We all get it: you’re single and feel excluded when couples gift each other flowers and chocolate. You...

Keep Reading...

Senior Sorority Girl Struggles

by Lyssa Winograd on February 09, 2013
Senior > Journalism > Penn State

As a senior, you’ve probably figured out the best way to get through the three S’s of college: schoolwork, social life and sleep. But when it comes to senior year, a whole new category emerges:...

Keep Reading...

Starting Over Abroad

by Elizabeth O'Connor on February 08, 2013
Junior > Communications > Boston College

I don’t really understand why nobody seems to make a bigger fuss about studying abroad. It’s an experience that a lot of college students today are lucky enough to have. But it’s still...

Keep Reading...

10 Risque Gifts You Can Never Give Seriously (But You Kinda Want To Anyway)

by Ally Norton on February 08, 2013
Senior > English and Communications > Boston College

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the age old question remains: what do you get for the love interest in your life?  Finding the perfect Valentine’s Day gift to show...

Keep Reading...

For your Guy: 5 Entertainment Gift Ideas for Valentine's Day

by Sung-Min Kim on February 07, 2013
Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Ladies, Valentine’s Day is exactly a week away, and you still didn’t get your guy a present? Here's my advice: stop giving him candy and other stuffed animals he'll pretend to love...

Keep Reading...

Alternatives To A Real Job

by Anamika Roy on February 07, 2013
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Get good grades so you can get into a good college so you can get a well-paying corporate job so you can retire to a Florida beach home someday. That’s the life path that we are taught to follow...

Keep Reading...

Should You Remain Friends With Your Ex?

1.

Turn Your Walk of Shame Into A Stride of Pride

Whether your night out at a bar, dance club, or party led you back to someone’s...

2.

10 Celebrities Who Were Interns Too

Coffee runs, answering phone calls and doing anything possible to get...

3.

10 Lies Our Parents Told Us About Getting a Job

When I was a kid, I saw the world as a boundless place of possibility. But now...

Songza (NY)

Songza is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated intern to do music research ...