CM’s 10 Best Schools For Yoga-Lovers

Does the stress of thinking about where to apply to college make you want to curl up in child’s pose? If your backpack has a special compartment for your yoga mat and you plan on assuming tree pose in the quad before classes, you may need a college with a community of yoga-lovers. Yoga isn’t just a hobby; it’s a way of life. These ten schools will leave you saying “Namaste.”

10. University of California, Santa Cruz

No one does yoga quite like the banana slugs—yeah, that’s really their mascot. UCSC is in the epicenter of the yoga-crazed Northern California, so it’s pretty much heaven on earth for any yogi/college student. Yoga is popular amongst the student body here, so it won’t be long until you’re doing synchronized sun salutations (say that ten times fast) with your new yoga friends. The rec center offers a range of yoga classes from beginners to seasoned professionals. They also have a popular warrior yoga club (a.k.a. yoga for the martial athlete) that lets you relax while simultaneously becoming a badass.

I'm currently a Junior at the University of Florida where I study Psychology and English. I'm a writer, blogger, professional online shopper, and a serious Netflix lover.