Top 10 Culturally Dynamic Universities

Bored of the same old people and places in your home country? Before you settle down, consider studying abroad longterm to really immerse yourself in a new culture. But wait—how will you figure out your way through this new place and college environment so far from home? With a wide global reach, multicultural-friendly student opportunities and inclusive education, these 10 schools offer diverse campuses that will make you feel at home on a different continent. Welcome to the United States!

10. The University of Texas at Austin

Bordering Mexico, UT-Austin sits in a prime location to address the never-ending controversy of immigration. Students of The Latino Community Affairs turn their attention from the issue to students directly affected by it and hold events that encourage open debate. Latinos aren’t the only group of minorities represented at the University of Texas-Austin, though. “The Hindu Student Association puts together an event for Diwali (the Indian festival of lights) in front of the tower in the fall and organizes Holi in the spring and the Indian Cultural Association hosts Jhalak (an Indian dance competition) every fall,” said UT-Austin junior and international student from India Sisrai Kota. Bust out your cowboy boots back too–the Friendship Program matches international students to families in Austin to help introduce them to the Texas lifestyle. International universities can also nominate a student to study at UT-Austin. If accepted, the student participates in a reciprocal exchange program. The international student gets the firsthand insider look into American life while also sharing his culture with the host family.

Gabriela is a nocturnal, spiritual, eccentric 21-year-old on a mission to meet people who share her passion for life. She is a junior at Florida State University (Nole Nation, baby!) and a Creative Writing major. Next year, her dream of living in France will come true and hopefully the culture-shock she will experience will make for a fantastic screenplay one day.