Stoner Films to Watch on 4/20

If there’s one day every stoner lives and dreams for, it’s 4/20, AKA the one day it becomes socially acceptable to smoke as much pot as one wants. In between late night runs to Taco Bell and rocking out to some Bob Marley you might as well sit yourself down and “blaze up” to one of these classic stoner films. If it’s legal in your state, of course.

1. Pineapple Express (2008)

This movie is the epitome of the greatness that is Seth Rogen and James Franco. The film follows stoner, Dale Denton (Rogen) and his dealer Saul Silver (Franco) on the run from an evil drug lord. Although the film focuses heavily on drugs, in the end we’re left with an outrageous story of friendship. Aw, who knew weed could bring friends together to overcome evil?

Elizabeth is a junior at University of Washington majoring in Journalism and Comparative Literature. She's always trying to be less sarcastic and always fails miserably. One time she met George Clooney and everything in the world made sense for those precious three seconds.