Cory Wiessman: Beating the Odds

by Ashley Melfi on April 15, 2012
Junior > Journalism > Hofstra University

YOLO. The popular adopted phrase of our generation which has become our mantra: You Only Live Once. But no one has taken on the phrase with such vigor as Gettysburg Senior, Cory Weissman. In a recent...

Keep Reading...

Defrosting Glee: The Spring Premiere

by Alexis Blair on April 14, 2012
Senior > English > Sewanee

Like all the #Gleeks across the country, I was seated in front of my television promptly at 7:55 on Tuesday evening, anxiously awaiting the spring premiere of Glee. After a two month hiatus since February...

Keep Reading...

Sports' Real-Life Kenny Powers

by Jordan Heck on April 14, 2012
Sophomore > Sports Journalism > IUPUI

I’m a big fan of the HBO Series Eastbound and Down staring Danny McBride. If you don’t watch the show, it’s a comedy about a fictional former MLB pitcher, Kenny Powers, who was out...

Keep Reading...

What are Job Interviewers Thinking?

by Nicole Eisenberg on April 14, 2012
Junior > Marketing & Supply Chain Management > University of Maryland, College Park

As an interviewee ready to walk into an interview, you probably think the following: avoid the dead fish handshake, make eye contact and remember to check for the pesky toilet paper on the bottom of...

Keep Reading...

The Raunchy Sex Comedy We Love: CM Interviews "Kevin" from American Pie

by Maria Minsker on April 13, 2012
Junior > English & Communication > Cornell

Remember the American Pie pact: “Let’s lose our virginities before we graduate high school”? Actor Thomas Ian Nicholas played the role of Kevin, the 17-year-old whose only goal was...

Keep Reading...

Sorry, Dwyane Wade, Here's Your Check

by Sam Spiegelman on April 13, 2012
Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Follow Sam on Twitter Most basketball fans in the United States view LeBron James as the villain. But apparently Dwyane Wade is a bit envious. Wade told ESPN that NBA players who represent the...

Keep Reading...

How Sports Can Get You Laid

by Joe Cipollone on April 13, 2012
Senior > Criminal Justice > University of Maryland

Why do girls want to be cheerleaders (Aside from being the recipient of extra attention and popularity)? They do it for the chance to increase their interaction with athletic guys who excel in sports....

Keep Reading...

Links n' Sh*t: April 13, 2012

by Josh Axelrod on April 13, 2012
Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Learn how to eat like the denizens of Westeros in Game of Thrones.   Pull a Jimmy Neutron and have a brain blast with these mind-stimulating foods.   Make sure you’re...

Keep Reading...

CM Interviews LIGHTS on her Electropop Career & Video Games

by Josh Axelrod on April 12, 2012

There aren’t many artists who excite me enough that I would be willing to drive two hours to Lancaster, Pa., just to go see them perform at some place called the Chameleon Club. I’ll be...

Keep Reading...

New Blood Among MLB Managers

by Danny Golden on April 12, 2012

Not much in sports in guaranteed, but for many years you could count on seeing some familiar faces in the dugouts of Major League Baseball clubs. Managers like Joe Torre and Tony LaRussa were a constant...

Keep Reading...

Copenhagen 2012: Travel In Style

by Claire Wiseman on April 12, 2012
Junior > Journalism and American Studies > Indiana University

I spent the past week traveling around Europe. Given the surreal craziness of my last couple months abroad, this is nothing new. What was new was my mode of transport: the train. With the...

Keep Reading...

Playlist: LOL Songs

by Ashley Grohoski on April 12, 2012
Senior > Print Journalism > Marshall University

April Fool’s Day may be behind us, but it’s never too late for funny songs. The music on this list will leave you rolling on the floor laughing, or at the very least...

Keep Reading...

How to Handle Your Sexually Transmitted Infection

1.

The 10 Colleges with the Best Career Services

Career services are rarely a consideration during your college search—universities...

2.

The 10 Best College Campuses

Looking for a college that will be your true home away from home? These ten...

3.

The 10 Colleges with the Best Creative Writing Programs

What will you do with a creative writing major? Prepare for the skeptics—a...

LIVESTRONG (TX)

Public Health/Education interns will help the Programs team as they work to empo...