Most 21st birthdays look like this: tequila at your local bar and 21 black marks up your arm. For girls, throw in a shot book and a tiara. But it doesn’t have to be this way. It’s time to up the ante and celebrate this monumental night where it belongs—Las Vegas. (Pause reality and cue the house music.)
Where to Crash
From the Las Vegas Experts
- Your concierge can help with line passes and discounts on tickets or ask your waiter if he/she can connect you with a nightclub’s VIP host.
- “XS is always an insane line, so if you have a good group of people and a little bit bigger budget, I highly recommend a table.”
- Stay clear of Vegas conventions—lines will be longer.
How not to be a gambling sucker:
- Slot machines are known money suckers. Stick to the table games for better luck at winning.
- Set a budget that you’re willing to lose and leave your ATM card in the safe upstairs.
- Always get a player’s club card for discounts.
- Learn from the pros; Las Vegas mag has a list of gaming lessons.
Best place to celebrate your 21st:
- Celebrate it where all the celebrities do—TAO and LAVO. “They’ll treat you right on your birthday.” The casts of Twilight and The Hills were there this summer. “Let them know it’s your birthday and they’ll send out a dessert or cocktail.”
Guy’s guide to getting in:
- “It never hurts to have a group of really attractive women with you.”
- Dress to impress: dress pants and a button-up shirt are going to get you a long way. Don’t arrive in tennis shoes or sandals.
- Get table or bottle service, which means VIP reservations that will get you in right away.