50 by 2050 August 2018 Newsletter

Nobody wants their summer to end, but make the parting a little sweeter by leaving on a good note. 50by2050’s partner orgs have no small supply of events and fundraisers, all perfect for college students interested in making a difference in politics. Bask in the sun for a few more days, and then get involved to make the summer a truly memorable one.

50 by 2050 AUGUST CALENDAR

AUGUST 11: HRC: 7th Annual HRC San Diego Gala:

Hotel Del Coronado

1500 Orange Ave., Coronado, CA 92118

5-10:30 p.m.

Please join Gala Chairs Tessa Cabrera and Clarione Gutierrez for the 2018 HRC San Diego Dinner & Auction as we celebrate great strides made for LGBTQ equality across the nation, while also strengthening our convictions on helping those who still experience profound injustice.

AUGUST 16: Emily’s List and She Should Run: Cocktails for Change Reception

Churchill

198 Church St, San Francisco, CA 94114

6:30-8 p.m.

Join Emily’s List President Stephanie Schriock and the host committee for cocktails and celebrations of the record number of women running in the 2018 midterm. The event will feature special guest Iliza Shlesinger. Tickets are $25 per guest and sold only to individuals 21+.

AUGUST 16: HRC: Night at the Braves:

Trustmark Park Stadium

1 Braves Way, Pearl, MS 39208

7-10 p.m. CDT

Join HRC MS for a night out with the Mississippi Braves on Thursday August 16th. We will enjoy a night watching the minor league baseball team as they take on the Chattanooga Lookouts.

AUGUST 17: Emily’s List and She Should Run: Ignite Change Conference and Luncheon

The Fairmont Hotel

950 Mason St, San Francisco, CA 94108

8:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.

Emily’s List will host their 2018 Ignite Change Conference, with Congresswoman Jacky Rosen and Kyrsten Sinema among others. Enjoy a luncheon and panel discussion on the triumphs and tribulations of real women who have sought public office. For more information on the featured guests and schedule of events, please refer to the site.  

AUGUST 18: HRC: HRC Annual Cleveland Gala

Hilton Cleveland Downtown Hotel

100 Lakeside Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44114

5-10 p.m.

Keep the fight for equality going strong by supporting the 2018 Cleveland Gala by becoming a sponsor, volunteering or donating to the silent auction.

AUGUST 21: Victory Fund: Victory Fund Pacific Northwest Reception

Home of Matthew Phillips and Devin Howard

Address provided upon RSVP

6-8 p.m. PT

We invite you to a special reception to welcome Mayor Annise Parker the new President & CEO of Victory Fund. During the reception, Mayor Parker will share her insights on LGBTQ issues and politics of the day, and what 2018 has in store for LGBTQ candidates running across the country.

APPLY NOW

EMERGE AMERICA

Emerge Oregon 2019 Cohort: Apply here

Emerge Washington 2019 Cohort: Apply here

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Project Manager Internship: Apply here

Membership Internship: Apply here

Communications / Social Media Internship: Apply here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Various internships with the organization –  More info here

RUNNING START

Running Start Mentorship Program: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Special Events Internship: Apply here

Development Fundraising Internship: Apply here

Political Internship: Apply here

Communications Intern: Apply here

GET INVOLVED

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Become a member here

IGNITE

Join or Start your own campus chapter

#DeclareYourAmbition

Volunteer with the #VoteTwice campaign: Register here

RUNNING START

Join #ILookLikeAPolitician

Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info here

EMILY’S LIST

Run to Win:  Apply here

EMERGE AMERICA

Training to run for office: More info here

SHE SHOULD RUN

Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Become a student member: Apply here

#Resist: More info here

VICTORY FUND

Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info here

POWERFUL WOMEN LEADERS

Kara Eastman

Powerful Women Leaders Kara Eastman

No matter where you are or where you come from, every accomplishment begins with taking the first courageous step. “It’s a challenging leap. It’s hard to put yourself out there, but the more that we do it, the more I think it will become the norm.”

Brooke is a sophomore at William and Mary studying English. She enjoys reading and writing, very strong coffee, and all things chocolate.