Where to Work Out at SF State

Nestled among the residence halls on the edge of campus, The Village Fitness Center is the only gym on campus. It’s on the small side, but it offers an affordable membership with two complimentary personal training sessions and access to fitness classes including yoga and Pilates.
Sports on campus include basketball, volleyball, indoor soccer, swimming, bowling, water polo, softball, badminton, tennis, flag football and ultimate Frisbee. Soccer and basketball pick-up games are a prevalent pastime and on a sunny day, there’s almost always a few people playing Frisbee in the quad. Nearby Lake Merced and Stern Grove have running trails that allow you to enjoy some scenery while you sweat.
Campus Recreation offers free fitness classes nearly every day of the week with a valid student ID and General Campus Recreation membership. Try everything from Zumba and Turbo Kick to “Butts & Guts” (to make up for all those vegan brownies you ate this semester).
(main image via sfsu.edu

Madison is a senior at San Francisco State University, pursuing a degree in Journalism. College has been her favorite adventure so far. Much like the prolific musician Asher Roth, she’s wondering if she really has to graduate, or if she can just stay here for the rest of her life.