10 New Shows to Obsess Over This Fall

There’s a certain kind of heartbreak that comes at the end of a good show. Seeing your favorite show come to a quality conclusion can leave you with a bittersweet feeling of nostalgia and contentment. Alternatively, there’s the feeling of seeing a show untimely ripped from the air – I’m thinking of you, Firefly and Pushing Daisies. New shows need love in order to grow into fully-fledged programs. So this fall, don’t hesitate to tune in for a new show, especially if you’re providing Nielsen your viewing statistics. To get you started, check out my top 10 picks (in no particular order) that deserve your love and attention this fall.

1. Scream Queens

While the show may suffer from a pretty poor title (Though it’s got nothing on ABC’s tragically cancelled Selfie), Scream Queens has all the ingredients for a fantastic show. It has an amazingly star-studded cast with greats like Jamie Lee Curtis, and it’s from the brilliant mind of Ryan Murphy, creator of Glee and American Horror Story. Yes, those two shows are by the same person. In fact, it seems like Ryan Murphy somehow managed to merge the best of the two shows into one bizarrely comedic horror anthology series. If your interest is a piqued as mine, tune in to Fox on September 22.

Michael is a senior studying Creative Writing and Film/Television at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Aside from a passion for writing, film, and television, Michael enjoys his hobbies of cooking and ultimate Frisbee. In the future he hopes to combine his passions for writing and mass media to write reviews and maybe even a screenplay or two.