The Neurology of Gaming

You’d be hard-pressed to find a college dorm room not equipped with a video game console of some sort these days. Guys need them for their seven-hour Call of Duty sessions to unwind from their rigorous worklo…sorry, I couldn’t finish that sentence with a straight face. Girls probably own a Wii or 3DS and play hours of Mario Kart or Wii Fit. Or, if you’re like me, you enjoy the occasional game of Madden in order to get out the aggression from that test you just bombed.

Believe it or not, all that gaming actually serves a purpose. Unlike during class, it gives you an excuse to actually use your brain. Online Universities was nice enough to break down what parts of your brain gaming forces to you to use and the different effects games like Halo and Tetris have on the average gamer. Tear yourself away from your COD sess for a second or two and check it out:

The Neurology of Gaming

Photo: at http://brutalgamer.com/2010/11/22/motion-controls-make-you-happy/

Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

how to choose a career intern
How to Choose a Career in 10 Steps Easier than Clocking Out on Friday

You can no longer claim you want to be a princess or a world-famous singer when you grow up (unless...