Most Unemployed Majors

Whenever I tell someone that I go to Penn State, I always get the same impressed reaction and then the immediate question, “What are you studying?” Of course followed by a look of concern for my future of unemployment when I answer, “Journalism.” Imagine my surprise when journalism didn’t make the list of most unemployed majors-however here are a few of them that did.

A new study published in Georgetown University's Center on Education and the Workforce found that architecture, humanities and arts degrees lead to the greatest levels of unemployment.

The Washington Post has more:

Among recent college graduates, those with the highest rates of unemployment had undergraduate degrees in architecture (13.9 percent), the arts (11.1 percent) and the humanities (9.4 percent), according to the study.

The recent college graduates with the lowest rates of unemployment had degrees in health (5.4 percent), education (5.4 percent), and agriculture and natural resources (7 percent.) Those with business and engineering degrees also fared relatively well.

Want to know more about unemployable majors? Check out the Huffington Post slide show of the 11 worst. And  the 14 most employable majors.

Sophomore > Journalism and Sociology > Penn State University

Oh! The Places You’ll Go: How Living in a Dorm Helped Me Transition to College Away from Home

I had never been one to stay away from my family for a long time. Deciding to leave Puerto Rico...