McLovin Links September 30, 2011

Midterms. No one wants to believe they exist until a day or two before they are scheduled to happen. Then comes the study frenzy that involves gathering   your materials, putting on headphones to shut yourself off from the outside world, and studying until dawn. Oh, I forgot to mention that scattered throughout the actual studying are long bouts of procrastination. Let me help you with that:

1.) Small Kitchen College: How to: Keep it Green by Composting

Is your trashcan full of banana peels and apple cores? Are you looking for an environmentally friendly way to dispose of it all? Check out these tips on how to compost your trash and make the earth a happier planet.

Oh my god, like, did you know that you can save money while still buying designer clothes at outlet malls? I’m totes serious! Learn more reasons why outlet malls are a haven for the cheap yet fashionable college student.

Everyone has that one person from their past that brings up the question, “What if things had turned out differently?” The Duke of Dukedom is here to give both guys and ladies advice on how to deal with these lingering thoughts and feelings.

Celebrities have never been afraid to voice their political opinions, but is the idea of politicians using celebrities to gain addition for their campaigns/careers fair or exploitative? And what do college students think about this trend?

Find me a girl who would not want to be proposed to with a flash mob singing and dancing to Frankie Valli’s “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You.” Go ahead, start your search now. By the time you find one, you’ll have already missed that midterm.

Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland

How to Distinguish Between Interests and Passions

During my semester leave from my university, I have done plenty of soul-searching especially about my major. I am a...