Doug Flutie. Amy Poehler. Johnny Gaudreau. Marty Walsh. Chris O’Donnell. Andre Williams. What do all these people have in common? They’re famous BC alumni (duh). Wanna get your name on this illustrious list? Here are 20 ideas worth at least one try.
1. Come Up With a Really Funny “For Modstock” Yak
2. Buy Everyone in Line Late Night With Your Extra Meal Plan Money
3. Go On Appa and Don’t Talk About it Every 2 Seconds
4. Study Abroad and Manage to Start Sentences With Something Other Than “When I Was Abroad…”
5. Win the Bapst Game
6. Bring a Cowbell to a Hockey Game
7. Take Your Clothes Out of The Dryer on Time… for once
8. Get Into a Mod Party With a Poor Ratio
9. Actually Donate Your Meal Plan to Service Trips
10. Take an Edition of The Gavel/Heights/Whatever and Don’t Immediately Throw it in the Trash
11. Catch the Last Newton Bus on Saturday Night Without Sprinting to the Stop
12. Help BC Basketball Win a Game That Actually Matters
13. Kick a Field Goal at Alumni Stadium
14. Go to a Women’s Hockey Game. Or Any Women’s Game.
15. Wear Your Superfan Shirt When it’s Not Gameday or Finals Week
16. Be Pre-Med Without Complaining About It
17. Get a Business Internship Without Being in CSOM
18. Actually Enjoy Living on CoRo, Don’t Just Pretend You Do
19. Grab a Chocolate Bar Treat Before Class and and Still Be on Time
20. Learn the Second Verse of “For Boston”
At BC, there are 9,000 undergrads to compete with for jobs, classes, housing, girls, boys, and late night chicken tenders. Don’t graduate just another face in the crowd.
And, hey, if you make yourself stand out from the salmon-shorts-filled pack, maybe they’ll finally name 90 after someone.