13 Times Adele Sang the Truth about College

In case you didn’t know, Adele reigns as the queen of all that is wonderful and classy. I mean, I pathetically sobbed when her concert tickets were sold out for every location on the map. She understands everything so well, whether it’s a breakup, new relationship or old memories about the way things used to be. Although her songs appear to be about love, if you know them as well as I do you’ll find that Adele knows exactly what it’s like to live as a broke and lost college student.

1. When you don’t get the class or section you want

Lyric: Never mind I’ll find someone like you – Someone Like You

2. When your friend comes in late and has to sit far away

Lyric: Hello from the other side – Hello

3. When you’re scrambling to write everything down

Lyric: Let me photograph you in this light in case it’s the last time – When We Were Young

4. When you’re caught zoning out

Lyric: I know I’m not the only one who regrets the things they’ve done – Million Years Ago

5. When your pencil breaks in the middle of a test

Lyric: I’ll be waiting for you to love me again – I’ll be Waiting

6. When you’re SO ready to give up

Lyric: Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements – Chasing Pavements

7. When you’re pretending like you know what’s going on

Lyric: I’m scared to death if I let you in that you’ll see I’m just a fake – River Lea

8. When you’re frantically begging your professor for help

Lyric: But I won’t go, I can’t do it on my own – He Won’t Go

9. When a group member promises to show up but bails

Lyric: All the things you’d say/they were never true, never true – Set Fire to the Rain

10. When a professor keeps changing his/her mind

Lyric: I can’t keep up with your turning tables/Under your thumb, I can’t breathe – Turning Tables

11. When you killed it during a presentation

Lyric: Heavens cried I know I left you speechless – I’ll Be Waiting

12. When you actually do know what’s going on and you feel clever as hell

Lyric: It’s in my roots it’s in my veins it’s in my blood – River Lea

13. When you’re nervously checking your final grades

Lyric: I don’t know why I’m scared/cause I’ve been here before/with every feeling every word – One and Only

Valerie is a senior at the University of Washington, studying English/Creative Writing and History. She loves anything caffeinated, Netflix and long road trips. She'll always be obsessed with Once Upon a Time, Scandal, Private Practice and Agents of Shield.