13 Times Adele Sang the Truth about College

In case you didn’t know, Adele reigns as the queen of all that is wonderful and classy. I mean, I pathetically sobbed when her concert tickets were sold out for every location on the map. She understands everything so well, whether it’s a breakup, new relationship or old memories about the way things used to be. Although her songs appear to be about love, if you know them as well as I do you’ll find that Adele knows exactly what it’s like to live as a broke and lost college student.

1. When you don’t get the class or section you want

Lyric: Never mind I’ll find someone like you – Someone Like You

2. When your friend comes in late and has to sit far away

Lyric: Hello from the other side – Hello

3. When you’re scrambling to write everything down

Lyric: Let me photograph you in this light in case it’s the last time – When We Were Young

4. When you’re caught zoning out

Lyric: I know I’m not the only one who regrets the things they’ve done – Million Years Ago

5. When your pencil breaks in the middle of a test

Lyric: I’ll be waiting for you to love me again – I’ll be Waiting

6. When you’re SO ready to give up

Lyric: Should I give up or should I just keep chasing pavements – Chasing Pavements

7. When you’re pretending like you know what’s going on

Lyric: I’m scared to death if I let you in that you’ll see I’m just a fake – River Lea

8. When you’re frantically begging your professor for help

Lyric: But I won’t go, I can’t do it on my own – He Won’t Go

9. When a group member promises to show up but bails

Lyric: All the things you’d say/they were never true, never true – Set Fire to the Rain

10. When a professor keeps changing his/her mind

Lyric: I can’t keep up with your turning tables/Under your thumb, I can’t breathe – Turning Tables

11. When you killed it during a presentation

Lyric: Heavens cried I know I left you speechless – I’ll Be Waiting

12. When you actually do know what’s going on and you feel clever as hell

Lyric: It’s in my roots it’s in my veins it’s in my blood – River Lea

13. When you’re nervously checking your final grades

Lyric: I don’t know why I’m scared/cause I’ve been here before/with every feeling every word – One and Only

Valerie is a senior at the University of Washington, studying English/Creative Writing and History. She loves anything caffeinated, Netflix and long road trips. She'll always be obsessed with Once Upon a Time, Scandal, Private Practice and Agents of Shield.

Top 10 Iconic “Overheard at GW” Posts

“Overheard” pages are everywhere–from “Overheard in London” to “Overheard in the Office.” People come from all over to post things they’ve...