Flash Sales

Most stylish college students go through a daily fashion struggle – no, it’s not that they have to take the time to look so good everyday. It’s the dichotomy of having a high fashion mind but not a high fashion wallet. Well this problem can be made a little easier with flash sales.

Flash sales are just what they sound like: one second they’re in front of you, another they’re gone – in virtual speak that is. They carry all sorts of items from clothing to housewares and there’s even something for male shoppers as well.

Most sales last up to two or three days. Always remember: Calvin Klein jeans wait for no one and, if you want that $110 Alex + Ani bracelet for $60, you need to be on your A-game., The best deals sell out the fastest.

Every website attracts its own type of sales. Some are better for housewares while others have the best deals for jewelry. Popular flash sale sites include Haute Look, Rue La La, Ideeli, Gilt, and Beyond the Rack. Haute Look has been on the block for a while now and you may have even see TV commercials for the site.

Ideeli is a personal favorite flash sale website. Not only do they have the occasional BCBG or Kenneth Cole but they also carry clothes and accessories from lesser known brands that are affordable and tres chic.

When you go on a flash sale site, it will prompt you to give your email or log in through Facebook before you start shopping. Take your pick – though if you give them your email, you can get daily updates about new sales delivered right to your inbox. 

These sites often provide incentives for new shoppers. Rue La La offers free shipping for 30 days after making an account. Gilt will give you $25 for inviting other friends to their sites.

So the choice is yours: you can shop alone or you can shop with a friend. At the end of the day, this season's trends can be hanging in your closet for less than you expected. But remember, it's a race against the clock and your time starts now. 

Image: Complete Pulse

Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland

Halloween Horror Story

Halloween- the one day a year when we can dress up and be whoever we want without judgment. Guys get...