An Open Love Letter to the Best of UF Drunchies

There are only two real reasons to go out. The first and probably most common is to meet people. The second and much more realistic is shamelessly stuffing your face with greasy food and satisfying your inner 5,000-pound man at the end of the night. Whether you’ve had a long night studying or spent your night holding on to your red solo cup tight, there’s no better place to indulge yourself than Gainesville, home to University of Florida. To spare you from suffering through fries that weren’t quite crispy enough, we’ve tried it all. Here is the ultimate list of the best late-night food at the University of Florida  

1. Midnight Cookies

If “C” is for cookie, “M” is for mmmmmmmmm. There’s nothing quite like fresh-baked specialty cookies that you didn’t even have to make yourself. Enter Midnight Cookies. It’s a tiny shop located pretty far off-campus, but like cookie gods from heaven above, Midnight Cookies delivers 20 different baked-to-order treats. Each cookie is only $1.29, and specials allow you and your friends to sample everything from chocolate chip to pecan pie. Did we mention that the s’mores cookie has an actual marshmallow and piece of chocolate on top? Don’t forget to order milk; you’ll need it.

Don’t forget to try: The Midnight Cookie. It’s a chocolate cookie with milk, semi-sweet, dark and white chocolate chips, topped with chocolate sauce. Need we say more?

Paige Levin is a sophomore studying journalism and political science at the University of Florida. When she’s not re-watching her box set of FRIENDS, you can probably find her talking about Panera mac and cheese (or just food in general). Currently, her interests (or obsessions) lie in everything and anything pop culture, Netflix binge watching, photography, going to concerts, and all of her unfortunately pathetic South Florida sports teams.