50 by 2050 November Events

The crisp fall weather hangs in the air and the semester’s winding down from midterm stress. That doesn’t mean we’re slowing down activism any time soon. Looking for volunteer opportunities? Or maybe you want the chance to mingle with potential governors. Our 50by2050 partners make it easy for you to finish the semester activism game strong.

NOVEMBER EVENTS

NOVEMBER 4: HRC: 18th Annual Palm Springs Garden Party

• Palm Springs, CA
  • 1:30–4:30 p.m. at The Old Las Palmas Residence of HRC Donors Geoff Kors and James Williamson
  • Get involved and support HRC by donating goods and services for the auction. Home furnishings artwork, gift certificates, restaurants, fitness packages and jewelry will be available for bidding.

NOVEMBER 4: EMERGE AMERICA: Biannual Event

• Louisville, KY
  • Reception at 5:30 p.m., Dinner at 7 p.m. at The Henry Clay
  • Local elected officials, candidates for political office and other stakeholders will gather to celebrate the success of the organization, honor its alums and women leaders from across the Bluegrass and recommit themselves to addressing the difficulties that Kentucky Democratic women face when they decide to run for office.

NOVEMBER 5: IGNITE: Madison Mobilizes with IGNITE

• Madison, WI
  • 2–4 p.m. at the Wisconsin State Capitol Building, 2 E. Main Street
  • Do you want to learn how to run as a public leader? Check out this workshop, hosted by Madison Mobilizes in partnership with IGNITE, aimed at teaching local leaders, both elected and wannabees, how to take charge of their own political power.

NOVEMBER 6: EMILY’s List: Briefing and Luncheon

• Chicago, IL
  • 10 a.m.–12 p.m. at JW Marriott Chicago, 151 W Adams Street
  • Join EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock for a luncheon along with Jacky Rosen, Candidate for U.S. Senate from Nevada, Stacey Abrams, Candidate for Governor from Georgia, and Cary Kennedy, Candidate for Governor from Colorado.

NOVEMBER 6: EMILY’s List: Cocktails for Change Reception

• Chicago, IL
  • 5:30–7 p.m. at Hubbard Inn, 110 W Hubbard St
  • Sip cocktails and engage with game changers in the political field at this event, featuring EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock and Stacey Abrams, Candidate for Governor of Georgia.

NOVEMBER 7: SHE SHOULD RUN: Geller 20.20k

• Guilford, CT
  • 6 a.m–11:59 p.m., Virtual
  • Run for fun (and funds) to support She Should Run and the female candidates across the country running for office. The race is virtual, meaning you can run all 20.2 km (or 12.55 mi) on November 7 or get ahead in the coming days and save the last few for race day.

NOVEMBER 13: EMERGE AMERICA: 10th Anniversary Women of the Decade

• Boston, MA
  • 5:30–8 p.m. at Foley & Lardner LLP
  • Celebrate EMERGE Massachusetts’s 10 year anniversary and toast to another 10 amazing years of helping women run for political office.

NOVEMBER 17: EMERGE AMERICA: Ambition to Action: Changing the Face of History

• San Francisco, CA
  • 11:30 a.m. reception, 12:30 p.m. luncheon at Pullman San Francisco Bay
  • Join or volunteer at Emerge America’s annual event, hosted by Emerge America President Amanda Dew Steele and Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (and candidate for U.S. Senate in Arizona).

NOVEMBER 18: HRC: HRC 2017 San Antonio Gala

• Chicago, IL
  • 5–10 p.m. at The Fairmont Chicago Hotel, Millennium Park
  • Celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full equality.

APPLY NOW

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Spring Semester Internship

Apply here: Alabama, Arkansas or Mississippi

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Various internships with the organization: More info

VICTORY FUND

Special Events Internship: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Fundraising Internship: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Communications Intern: Apply here

GET INVOLVED

IGNITE

Join or Start your own campus chapter

RUNNING START

Join #ILookLikeAPolitician 

Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Join Higher Heights’ Fall #BlackWomenLead Political Leadership Webinars Series.  Sign up today to be the first to know when registrations opens for the today.  Topics will include:

• Developing and Amplifying Your Political Voice
  • Navigating PACs and The Endorsement Process
  • Party Politics 101

Sign up for more information

EMILY’S LIST

Run to Win

Training to run for office: Apply here

EMERGE AMERICA

Training to run for office: More info

SHE SHOULD RUN

Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN:

Become a student member: Apply here

#Resist: More info

VICTORY FUND

Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info 

Powerful Women Leaders

Florida Congresswoman Lois Frankel

“The women’s economic agenda, when you think about it, is common sense. Equal pay, why is anyone against it? Affordable and quality childcare, so people can work and make sure their kids are safe, retirement security, access to healthcare. These are concepts Republicans in Congress are not embracing. One thing I’ve learned over time is that, if these are important values and ideas, you’ve got to keep beating that drum, because if you don’t, it will never happen. Beat the drum and one day we will be back in a position in Congress where we’ll get it done.”

Help make Congress 50% women by 2050.

Mariya is a junior at the George Washington University studying English/ Creative Writing and Journalism. When she's not watching crime shows, dancing to 80's music or cooking, you'll find her talking about her #OnlyatGW moments. Like any college student, she loves taking advantage of every (free) thing D.C. has to offer.

powerful woman leader lois frankel
Powerful Women Leaders: Lois Frankel

Florida Congresswoman Lois Frankel worked hard in college both in her studies and as vocal activist. And now she works even...