50 by 2050 June 2018 Newsletter

As primary season winds down, activism amps up. These events and organizations will keep you up to date with all the important information about campaigns as primaries come to a close. And things will heat up as November approaches. Be informed and ready to vote for your favorite candidates in the fall.

50 by 2050 JUNE CALENDAR

JUNE 1: HRC: HRC Happy Hour with Chad Griffin

• 114 Kings St., Madison, WI
  • 5:30–7 p.m.
  • Join HRC President Chad Griffin discuss how HRC empowers and mobilizes LGBTQ people and allies across the state. A complimentary drink and light snacks will be provided.

JUNE 1–3: EMERGE America: Alabama Candidate Boot Camp

• Hampton Inn & Suites–Downtown Historic District
  • Mobile, AL
  • Running in the 2018 election? EMERGE America wants to not only empower young women but also give them the tools they need to campaign. Join the network of 3,000 alumnae who’ve completed the EMERGE training program.

JUNE 2: HRC: HRC Columbus Dinner

• 1739 N. High St., Columbus, OH
  • 5–10 p.m.
  • Join HRC for an auction and gala at the Ohio Union at Ohio State University.  Volunteer to setup and tear down the event, or volunteer for the planning and leadership of the event.

JUNE 10: HRC: Sacramento Pride 2018

• Sacramento, CA
  • 10:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m.
  • Join the HRC at Sacramento Pride. HRC needs spirited volunteers like you to help HRC continue working for the LGBTQ equality. Come meet awesome people, sign up members and spread the word about HRC’s work.

JUNE 10: HRC: Northern Kentucky Pride

• 501 Philadelphia St., Covington, KY
  • 2–5 p.m.
  • In solidarity with the LGBTQ March in Washington, join the Covington community at the very first NKY Pride Parade. Volunteer or join in on the fun as the NKY LGBTQ community and allies celebrite Pride.

JUNE 15: EMILY’s List: Ignite Change Reception

• Address available upon RSVP
  • 5:30–7:30 p.m.
  • Volunteer to make change at a reception hosted by EMILY’s List president Stephanie Schriock.

JUNE 16: EMERGE America: Taste of Emerge Maryland Training

• The Talley Recreation Center
  • 121 North Bentz Street Frederick, MD
  • 10:15 a.m.–3 p.m.
  • Determine how to get started on it on your path to political leadership. Register to take advantage of this opportunity to learn what it takes to run for office. To register you must be a Maryland resident and Democratic woman.

JUNE 23: HRC: Utah Gala

• 555 Main St., Salt Lake City, UT
  • 5–7 p.m.
  • Volunteer and celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full gender and sexuality equality.

JUNE 23-24: HRC: San Francisco Pride 2018

• San Francisco, CA
  • 11 a.m. June 23–6 p.m. June 24
  • Join the HRC at SF Pride. HRC needs spirited volunteers like you to help HRC continue working for the LGBTQ equality. Come meet awesome people, sign up members and spread the word about HRC’s work.

JUNE 29–JULY 1: EMERGE America: Iowa Candidate Boot Camp

• Des Moines, IA
  • Running in the 2018 election? EMERGE America wants to not only empower young women but also give them the tools they need to campaign. Join the network of 3,000 alumnae who’ve completed the EMERGE training program

APPLY NOW

EMERGE AMERICA

Emerge Oregon 2019 Cohort: Apply here

Emerge Washington 2019 Cohort: Apply here

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Project Manager Internship: Apply here

Membership Internship: Apply here

Communications / Social Media Internship: Apply here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Various internships with the organization –  More info here

RUNNING START

Running Start Mentorship Program: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Special Events Internship: Apply here

Development Fundraising Internship: Apply here

Political Internship: Apply here

Communications Intern: Apply here

GET INVOLVED

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Become a member here

IGNITE

Join or Start your own campus chapter

#DeclareYourAmbition

Volunteer with the #VoteTwice campaign: Register here

RUNNING START

Resilience Summit 2018: Sign up

Join #ILookLikeAPolitician

Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info here

EMILY’S LIST

Run to Win:  Apply here

EMERGE AMERICA

Training to run for office: More info here

SHE SHOULD RUN

Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Become a student member: Apply here

#Resist: More info here

VICTORY FUND

Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info here

Powerful Women Leaders

Congresswoman Susan Davis

“Just take a risk; get in there and do it. Decide that, ‘This is a new experience for me and I’m going to do the very best. I’m going to really get a feel for what it takes to be successful at this, and I’m going to do the very best I can.'”

HELP MAKE CONGRESS 50% WOMEN BY 2050.

Brooke is a sophomore at William and Mary studying English. She enjoys reading and writing, very strong coffee, and all things chocolate.