You can’t ignore patriotism in the month of July. But don’t spend it all on Independence Day. These organizations host events all month long that pretty much guarantee you’ll be amped up with patriotic activism long past the Fourth.
50 by 2050 JULY CALENDAR
JULY 7: EMERGE America: Taste of Emerge Maryland
- Montgomery County Teachers Association
- 12 Taft Court, Rockville, MD
- 10:15 a.m.–3 p.m.
- EMERGE America wants to not only empower young women but also give them the tools they need to find their political path. Find out what it takes to run for office with a taste of EMERGE training.
JULY 12: Running Start: Resilience Summit
- Embassy of Canada, Washington, D.C.
- 1–8 p.m.
- Build your political confidence by learning from failure. People at the top of their game in business, politics and media will share how to take risks, how to recover from mistakes and bad luck and how to turn those experiences into leadership lessons.
JULY 13–15: EMERGE America: Louisiana Candidate Boot Camp
- Baton Rouge, LA
- Running in the 2018 election? EMERGE America wants to not only empower young women but also give them the tools they need to campaign. Join the network of 3,000 alumnae who’ve completed the EMERGE training program.
JULY 14: Victory Fund: San Diego Women’s Pride Brunch
- Gossip Grill, 1220 University Ave., San Diego, CA
- 9–11 a.m.
- Join inspiring LGBTQ women leaders as we kick off Pride in San Diego at the annual Victory Fund Women’s Pride Brunch.
JULY 14: HRC: Louisiana Gala Dinner & Auction
- Hyatt Regency New Orleans, 601 Loyola Avenue, New Orleans, LA
- General Reception and Silent Auction start at 6 p.m.
- Volunteer and celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full gender and sexuality equality. Special guests include American Idol’s Ada Vox and comedian Dana Goldberg.
JULY 21: HRC: Mile High Gala
- Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center, 650 15th St. Denver, CO
- 5:30 p.m.
- Volunteer and celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full gender and sexuality equality.
JULY 26: EMILY’s List: Cocktails for Change Washington, D.C.
- Living Room DC, 1008 Vermont Ave NW, Washington, D.C.
- 6:30–8 p.m.
- Join EMILY’s List President Stephanie Schriock and our host committee for Cocktails for Change in D.C.
JULY 28: HRC: Ciders & Sliders
- Blake’s Orchard & Cider Mill, Armada, MI
- 1–4 p.m.
- Enjoy an afternoon of tastings, tours, music and outdoor games brought to you by the Human Rights Campaign and Blake’s Hard Cider.
JULY 28: HRC: Serving for Equality
- Sharon Lester Tennis Center, 200 Park Dr. N.E. Blv. D, Atlanta, GA
- 6–11 p.m.
- Players of all skill levels are encouraged to participate in this fun doubles event. Come as a team, or get paired up with other players and make some new friends along the way.
Emerge Oregon 2019 Cohort: Apply here
Emerge Washington 2019 Cohort: Apply here
Project Manager Internship: Apply here
Membership Internship: Apply here
Communications / Social Media Internship: Apply here
HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN
Various internships with the organization: More info here
Running Start Mentorship Program: Apply here
Special Events Internship: Apply here
Development Fundraising Internship: Apply here
Political Internship: Apply here
Communications Intern: Apply here
Become a member here
Volunteer with the #VoteTwice campaign: Register here
Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info here
Run to Win: Apply here
Training to run for office: More info here
SHE SHOULD RUN
Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here
HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN
Become a student member: Apply here
#Resist: More info here
Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info here
POWERFUL WOMEN LEADERS
“We’re really hoping we can make a statement with the Seventh: Change is coming. You can try and gerrymander but we’re not going to sit back and take it. And given the circumstance of our last congressman leaving because of a #MeToo issue, women want to make a statement as well.”
“Regardless of who you run against, you should be true to your values and never give an inch, because these are the things that are going to carry us through. I will do everything I can to make sure New Mexico is in a good place.”