50 by 2050 December Events

As the snow flurries fall, we continue to march. We march for equality. We march for equal pay. We march for each other. Look at the world around you. Change is happening, but we’re still far from meeting our goals. Spend your holiday break getting actively involved in your community.

DECEMBER EVENTS

DECEMBER 2: HRC: HRC 2017 San Antonio Gala

• San Antonio, TX
  • VIP Reception at 5:00 p.m. and General Reception 6:00 p.m. at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio
  • Celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full equality.

DECEMBER 4: EMILY’S List: Dallas Regional Reception

• Dallas, TX
  • 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., location available upon RSVP
  • Join EMILY’S List president, Stephanie Schriock and WOMEN VOTE in an inspirational event that’ll inspire action.

DECEMBER 9: HIGHER HEIGHTS AND EMILY’S LIST: Run to Win Training

• Dallas, TX
  • 8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
  • Join Higher Heights and EMILY’s List for a half-day training for pro-choice Democratic women thinking about running for elected office.

DECEMBER 12: HIGHER HEIGHTS: Party Politics 101-How to Get Involved

• Virtual Webinar
  • Learn about the political party structure and ways to engage more with the one of your choice. Hear from black women who been have leaders in their political party how to get involved to make a difference.

DECEMBER 19: HIGHER HEIGHTS: Developing and Amplifying Your Political Voice

• Virtual Webinar
  • 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.
  • In partnership with Feminist Press! Discover how to claim your voice, break through the noise and be heard. You’ll learn to sharpen your message, gain the power and confidence to get it out into the world, use media as your megaphone, and leverage social media to build your platform.

APPLY NOW

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Spring Semester Internship

Apply here: Alabama, Arkansas or Mississippi

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Various internships with the organization: More info 

VICTORY FUND

Special Events Internship: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Fundraising Internship: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Communications Intern: Apply here

GET INVOLVED

IGNITE

Join or Start your own campus chapter

RUNNING START

Run with Running Start: Build your fundraising skills and compete to win an all-expenses paid trip to DC to be Running Start’s #ILookLikeAPolitician ambassador! Sign up for the contest by January 10, 2018.

Join #ILookLikeAPolitician 

Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info

EMILY’S LIST

Run to Win

Training to run for office: Apply here

EMERGE AMERICA

Training to run for office: More info

SHE SHOULD RUN

Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Become a student member: Apply here

#Resist: More info

VICTORY FUND

Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info

POWERFUL WOMEN LEADERS

Florida Representative Gwen Graham 

“I am not a career politician. I am a mother, former PTA president and public school official who also had the honor of serving in Congress. As governor, I am going to think of the students I have met, the parents I have volunteered with and teachers I have worked alongside. I am running to work for them.”

Help make Congress 50% women by 2050.

Brianna is a senior at the University of Florida studying Journalism and Women's Studies. She lives off of iced coffee and tacos, is a happy feminist and watches too much reality television when she's not writing.

william and mary sports clubs
The 10 Quirkiest Club Sports at the College of William and Mary

William & Mary’s intense academic culture can make us seem like we’re all work and no fun. While we definitely...