Ah, hipsters. The Woodstockers of our generation. Except for they actually care about their appearance. Like a lot. In a time where hipsters are most famously known for rejecting exactly what it is they are, you may need some help identifying yourself as one – if indeed, you are. For example, you might be a hipster if…
1. You’ve ever taken a picture of designs in your coffee. From several different angles. And then couldn’t resist posting it to at least one social media platform.
2. You prefer vinyl for its “grainy, authentic” sound, and every time you play one, Instagram must know.
3. You evolve into a flower-child (literally) of the ‘70s at any music festival like a Pokémon.
4. You begrudgingly answer “no” when an authentically visually impaired person asks if your glasses are real.
5. You spend a great deal of time griping about the lack of cycling lanes in your town.
6. You thought you repurposed this great grandma floral print from Goodwill, but… you didn't.
7. You dress like you chop trees for a living, even though you sit comfortably behind a Mac in a chic office all day.
8. It’s 100 degrees, but heck, you never know when combat may strike.
9. Scarfs are always in.
10. You’d rather get $200 paychecks making coffee than being a sell-out in the corporate world.
11. And last, but not least, you get undeniably defensive when someone coins you a hipster.