Dear Fellow College Students,
You may know me as that girl from your Spanish class who can’t conjugate any verbs in the past tense. Perhaps we made out once freshman year. Maybe we had a drunken heart-to-heart two weeks ago and you’d rather pretend that we don’t know each other. Regardless of the circumstances, you’ve just ignored my friendly salutation and I’m mad about it. My real question is this: Why can’t you just say hi back? But I have other questions, too.
My other questions:
– Who/what gave you the impression that you are simply just too aloof and sophisticated to bestow a simple greeting upon your fellow (wo)man?
– Is it really that hard to push one measly syllable forth from your lips and thereby save me from looking like a total idiot?
– Do you also hate baby animals? Do you feast upon human flesh with delight?
Questions from my friends:
– How is it possible for you (a boy) to remember every single minute detail and statistic about your favorite sport/athlete, yet impossible for you to remember my name?
– If we’ve “known each other” in the medieval sense, why won’t you say hi back?
– If we’ve spoken for more than 10 minutes or shared a bed on a school/service trip, what’s the big deal about saying hello?
Reasons why you should just say hi back:
– No one, including you, is “too cool” to do so.
– Even if you don’t recognize me, it’s the polite thing to do (I always say hi back to people who greet me, even if I have no idea who they are).
– You’re kind of a dick if you don’t.
The Girl Whose “Hi” You Just Ignored In The Quad