Songs to Get Drunk To: Our St. Paddy’s Day Playlist

‘Tis the season to drink your day away–St. Patrick’s Day is here! What’s a drinking scene without a good background music? We have your soundtrack!

The Nights of Wine and Roses – Japandroids

“So we down our drinks to the final friends and we burn our plans right down to the end. We don't cry for those nights to arrive – we yell like hell to the heavens.” This triumphant track from the Vancouver rock band is about drinking, enjoying the moment and leaving the worries behind.

Swimming Pools (Drank) – Kendrick Lamar

Off his acclaimed album “Good Kid M.A.A.D. City” from last year, this song became a radio hit and is about drowning sorrows by drinking. Keep your eye on Kendrick–Lady Gaga visited Pitchfork Festival last summer to see him!

Marvin’s Room – Drake

Drake talks about throwing a party and getting wasted after unhappily being in love. Relatable? Always.  

Cheap Beer – FIDLAR

This track from an L.A. punk rock band became an instant favorite among music fans because of its abrasiveness, and its chorus: “I. Drink. Cheap. Beer. So. What. [email protected]#$. You!”

Drunk Girls – LCD Soundsystem

One of the most universally loved bands, LCD Soundsystem describes the difference between drunk girls and drunk boys in this track. It also helps that the song features a perfectly danceable groove

Brass Monkey – Beastie Boys

“Cause I drink it anytime and anyplace. When it's time to get ill–I pour it on my face.” What do you expect from a Beastie Boys song? Tons of upbeatness!

Gin and Juice – Snoop Dogg

The quintessential drinking song. As the title indicates, the song features lyrics about being heavily inebriated with gin and juice (shocker!) and it’s also one of Snoop’s most beloved songs!

Tubthumping – Chumbawomba

Bringing it back to the 90’s! “He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink. He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink. He sings the songs that remind him of the good times, He sings the songs that remind him of the best times.”  

Junior > Journalism > University of Maryland