Think animal prints are only for the fall and winter? Think again. A hint of animal print – like my personal favorite, leopard – adds a dose of unexpected edge to even your most summery outfits. (Crisp white sundress? Check. Nautical stripes? Check.) A full-on leopard outfit is a bit much for any time of year, but chic accessories in this feline-friendly pattern will leave everyone wondering, “How does she do it?”
It isn’t an easy look to master; there are several types of leopard print out there, and endless ways to wear them. The rules are as follows:
- Don’t choose a print that’s too brown.
- Likewise for ultra-small spots. The bigger, the better.
- Do NOT mix with other animal prints. But you already knew that.
- Go au natural – stay away from busy prints and bright colors that can make your leopard print look tacky. (Neutrals or rich colors work much better).
- (And finally) Stick to streamlined, yet chunky accessories, like hefty wedges and thick bangles. Bonus points if you get your hands on something with calf hair – amazing texture, and inherently “wintery.” Love that.
Photo Credit: http://www.imtheitgirl.com/