Rising Young Stars In 2011 Film

By Steve DiCarlo > Senior > Creative Writing > Hofstra University, Photo By Riley Blanks > Sophomore > Sociology and Studio Art > University of Virginia 

This upcoming year will introduce us to several fresh, young actors who are ready to step into the spotlight and become household names. They star in what are sure to be some of the greatest films of 2011, and hope their roles in these blockbusters will help them leave their mark in the ever-competitive acting world. Familiarize yourself with them now, because you will definitely be seeing much more of them over the next year.

Age: 20

You have surely seen Pettyfer’s dashing mug on the highly televised commercials for I Am Number Four, in which he has the starring role. Pettyfer will also star as a cruel socialite who becomes magically disfigured and forced to find love in Beastly, a modern-day retelling of the classic “Beauty and the Beast” tale. I Am Number Four and Beastly are two of the most highly anticipated films of 2011, so red carpets worldwide better make 
room for this young Brit.

Age: 21

Another Brit on the “up and coming” list is Nicholas Hoult, who starred as Tony Stonem in the UK version of Skins. Hoult will be playing the mutant Beast in this summer’s superhero film X-Men: First Class. Nominated for a Rising Star Award at last year’s BAFTAs, Hoult is definitely ready for his spotlight. 

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
Age: 23 

This young star continues the trend of British actors sure to rise to fame in 2011. Victoria’s Secret model Huntington-Whitely previously collaborated with director Michael Bay on a lingerie commercial. She will be making her big-screen acting debut this summer, replacing Megan Fox in the next installment of Bay’s highly successful Transformer series, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. As the “new” Megan Fox, this girl will soon be everywhere. And that’s certainly not a bad thing. 

Age: 25

One of Robert Pattinson’s greatest competitors for the role of Edward Cullen was this rising American star. Fernandez dropped out of the competition for the part of the now infamous vampire, having no idea of the Twilight series’ potential. Now, he can be seen in a similarly dark and brooding role in Red Riding Hood, where he will star alongside Amanda Seyfried. Directed by Catherine Hardwicke, the director of Twilight, the film promises to have girls everywhere swooning for this bad boy on the rise.