Pick-up Tips from The Working Graduate

Veronica Pangles, a 24-year-old recent graduate of American University, has had her share of dating relationships and dating disasters during her time as a college student. As a working graduate, however, things in the dating world are a little different.

Here’s what she had to say about how to woo this working graduate: 

CM: How do you think dating in college and dating after college will differ?

V: I think it will be less work trying to weed out potential dates from a big sea of people because you’ll either be working or continuing your education, and it’s there that you will be surrounded with like-minded individuals who share your interests.

CM: What is the main thing you look for in a potential partner?

V: Ambition.

CM: What is your number one turn off conversation topic?

V: Juvenile humor. I’m not really a fan of bathroom jokes—save it for the frat house.

CM: What is your favorite pick-up line?

V: If you’re using a pick-up line then you’re either in high school or college, meaning you’re too young and immature for me. Sorry.

CM: What is the strangest thing anyone has ever done or said when trying to pick you up?

V: During my sophomore year, one of the incoming freshmen came up to me and asked if he could be my cub. 

CM: Is it better for them to be bold or mysterious when trying to pick you up?

V: Bold, if you have no confidence in yourself then I’m not interested.

CM: How do you let down someone you’re uninterested in?

V: I tell a white lie and say that I have a boyfriend.

CM: What tells more about a person’s sexuality how they dance, dress or kiss?

V: Hmm, this is a little tricky because it may not be applicable to all, but I’ll go with dance because if you got the moves, then you got the moves.

Senior > Journalism > University of Maryland