Peter Pan Gets Chic

When it comes to updating your wardrobe, it doesn’t get much better than a boatload of new accessories; even an inexpensive piece from Forever 21 or H&M can spice up your simplest ensembles. Accessorizing is key to looking pulled together at all times, even when you’re rushing to class in jeans and a T-shirt – and thank goodness, right? Accessories let your personal style shine through without looking like you tried too hard; statement necklaces, bold bracelets, patterned scarves and cute sunglasses are effortless add-ons. They’re the pieces that make other girls jealous. (Go on, enjoy it.)

I, for one, am a huge fan of accessories, but I die a little bit for a fabulous new clothing trend, as well. How can you not? When the Peter Pan collar became a huge – and I mean huge – trend, from Zara to See by Chloé, I was ready to hop on board.  Peter Pan collared blouses are adorably girlish, yet simultaneously a bit boyish, too, making them the perfect mix master for your closet.  They look equally cute with skinny pants or pouffy skirts; cardigans or leather jackets; knee-high boots or bow flats. Versatility, versatility, versatility.

I was really thrown for a loop when Peter Pan collars sneakily stepped up their game, and Peter Pan collar necklaces hit the scene; brilliant! You can give any shirt a Peter Pan collar – and a glitzy one at that.  These necklaces come in an endless variety of styles, from tough chains to glimmering sequins, and they’ll really take your look to the next level. I personally have my eye on the Dannijo ‘Sinatra’ – it would make a plain white tee look like heritage couture. Love that.

(Clockwise from top left: Dannijo ‘Sinatra’/ Dannijo ‘Stella’/ Louis Vuitton/ Gemma Lister/ Polli/ Gemma Lister)

Sophomore > Journalism and Art History > Indiana University

Win a Ticket to Young Women Run 2018 and Coffee With a Congresswoman!

“It all started when I met a Congresswoman for coffee,” you’ll say as you open your victory speech. College Magazine,...