Off-Campus Fun at Penn State

Death to the Dining Hall

If you just don’t feel like eating on campus that day, or week, there are plenty of spots within walking distance of campus to eat. The Corner Room presents a popular destination for burgers, sandwiches and delicious breakfast foods. On the other side of town, Baby’s Burgers and Shakes serves up milkshakes and home cooked food, with a 50s theme and doo wop music playing into the streets. 

Where to Hang Off-Campus

facebook.com

The nightlife at Penn State is unreal, and that’s putting it mildly. With almost 20 drinking establishments in the downtown area alone, there’s never a shortage of places to throw back a few beers (or ten). One of the highlights: Café 210 West, which is Penn State student Sarah Weidenbaum’s favorite place to go. “You get to drink outside, and there’s always a lot of people,” she said. For those who aren’t 21, clubs like Levels are 18+ and usually have a full calendar of live performers and DJs.

The Basics

Join the Community

Top 6 Quirks

Eats

Campus Traditions

Spring Break & Study Abroad

It's Not Always Sunny at Penn State…

Daniel Kuhn is a senior studying journalism at Penn State University. A great companion. Just don't feed him after midnight.