No Excuses

We're not perfect. We make mistakes. We give excuses. Here's the issue though: most employers would rather not hear them. When you need an extension on an assignment whether it's for your internship or a class, your first instinct is to create an excuse. You've had a really rough week, your laptop broke down or maybe you've been partying so much all weekend that you forgot it was Monday. We understand and it's okay. But instead of sharing your excuse with your employer or professor, just skip it and go straight to the solution. Here's what I mean:

Special thanks to Lauren Daly, our PR & Social Media Intern, for being a part of this video!

Check out my previous video on Getting Scrappy here.

As College Magazine's Publisher, Amanda is passionate about creating the ultimate guide to college. She spends her free time soaking in the sun at Coronado dog beach or rocking her air guitar at The Casbah.

Win a VIP Ticket & Flight to IGNITE’s 2018 San Francisco Summit and Coffee with an Elected Official!

Ready to take the next step on your political journey? College women can—and will—change the world for generations to come....