NFL Week Three Preview

I’m not one to brag, but I am currently sitting at 9-0 on the year for my predictions. Granted, my score predictions are not always close to how the game plays out, but the winners are there. Am I a writer, or a football-picking machine? Like I said, I’m not a braggart

In my week three installment, I will attempt to keep my hot streak going, so here goes nothing.

Patriots – Bills (Sunday at 1:00)

Yeah, yeah, both of these teams are 2-0. Let’s get real here. Is this really a game? Ryan Fitzpatrick went to Harvard – I get it. He has a beard. He is an above average quarterback. Ryan Fitzpatrick, meet Tom Brady.

Prediction: Patriots 38, Bills 14

Texans – Saints (Sunday at 1:00)

In what shapes up to be week three’s highest scoring game, Matt Schaub takes on Drew Brees in what will be a battle of offenses. I think that this game will come down to which team can establish (somewhat of) a run game. If Foster is out, I give the nod to the Saints.

Prediction: Saints 42, Texans 34

Gaints – Eagles (Sunday at 1:00)

If Vick plays, this game is a blowout. If Vick sits, the Eagles will still win due to their superior talent on both sides of the ball, but they will certainly not win in blowout fashion. So I don’t look like an idiot, I will take the middle ground for my score prediction.

Prediction: Eagles 28, Giants 20

Falcons – Buccaneers (Sunday at 4:15)

The NFC South is the toughest division in football. They have three teams that could easily get to 10 wins, and if Cam can continue his little run as a dominant pocket passer, I could see the Panthers winning a few division games and getting to 6 or 7 wins. This game is the start of what is going to be a grind for all four of these teams, and both the Birds and the Bucs want it bad. This game is sort of a toss up for me, but I will give the edge to the home team.

Prediction: Buccaneers 27, Falcons 24 (OT)

Redskins – Cowboys (Monday at 8:30)

I get it. The Redskins are 2-0. They surprised me. They have actually played okay. Anyway, I’m not buying it this week. I feel like they play at home every week so when they play at Dallas for their first road game, Romo or no Romo, I am going to pick against them.      

Prediction: Cowboys 23, Redskins 17

Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland