NFL Week Nine Preview

Sorry for the few-week hiatus everybody. A little thing called midterms got in the way of what should be important, the NFL. After being away for a couple of weeks, I better get all of these right.           

Jets – Bills (Sunday at 1:00)

The surprise Bills host the automatic Super Bowl-winning Jets in the week’s first “big one.” I truly believe that the Jets are the better squad here, but I’ve bet against the Bills to many times, so I’ll change it up and take the Bills here.

Prediction: Bills 20, Jets 16

Buccaneers – Saints (Sunday at 1:00)

Let me just say, I don’t get the Saints. I want them to be good even though I’m not necessarily a fan. Yet, they keep playing to the level of their opponents. The Rams? Really? C’mon. They are playing a slightly above average team this week, so I think that they will play as such. That will be good enough to win a divisional game.

Prediction: Saints 35, Bucs 27

Bengals – Titans (Sunday at 4:05)

With all of the talk about the Ravens-Steelers game this Sunday, people seem to forget that the Bengals, with a win, will still be tied atop the AFC North. Andy “The Red Rifle” Dalton would be a surefire rookie of the year candidate if it weren’t for Cam Newton. I still think that the Titans are the better team and I am going to make my boldest statement of the year right not, and I will put it in bold for effect. Chris Johnson will run for 100 yards and a touchdown in this game.

Prediction: Titans 24, Bengals 13

Giants – Patriots (Sunday at 4:15)

In a tough stretch for the Pats, they face a division-leading Giants team with, listen to this, a top five quarterback: Mr. Eli Manning. The Patriots dropped a tough one in Pittsburgh last week, but I have a really hard time betting against Brady. Sorry, Eli. 

Prediction: Patriots 38, Giants 28

Steelers – Ravens (Sunday at 8:20)

The second most talked-about game this week behind LSU-Alabama pits the divisional foes against each other for the second (and maybe final) time this season. The Ravens took the first one in a rout, and I am going to go out on a limb and say this one will not be close once again – in favor of the men of steel. The Ravens’ offense is just struggling too much. How the tide has turned.

Prediction: Steelers 24, Ravens 7

Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland

Win a VIP Ticket & Flight to IGNITE’s 2018 San Francisco Summit and Coffee with an Elected Official!

Ready to take the next step on your political journey? College women can—and will—change the world for generations to come....