March-ing To The Beat

By David Oliver > Freshman > Journalism > University of Maryland, Photo By Riley Blanks > Sophomore > Sociology and Studio Art > University of Virginia

March went in like a lion and is going out like a lamb lion. Why go on the hunt for good music when you can find it right here? Here are some relatively recent and/or popular songs you can jam to, whatever your taste in music, really. 

“Rolling in the Deep” – Adele: Adele is one of the most versatile artists: she’s got the pipes, the lyrics and the star power to haunt any listener. This breakout hit from her latest album 21 will sure “start a fire in your heart.”

“Animal” – Neon Trees: Okay I lied, this one’s not completely recent, but it’s one of those songs that really never gets old. Neon Trees’ catchy song captures (takes a bite out of) hearts and will have you singing along in no time. This alternative song also has been covered on “Glee” a capella, making it that much more accessible and entertaining.

“Sing for Me” – Yellowcard: Yellowcard is back and does not disappoint, with a song that pleads for the audience’s voice. This new song is also featured acoustically at the end of the album, in classic Yellowcard sweet harmony.

“The Cave” – Mumford & Sons: This London folk group has taken the United States by storm! The song’s folk-pop-rock allure will have you buying the entire album Sigh No More.

“Take Over Control” – Afrojack: Ready to go dancing? This Dubstep tune has the power to get anyone on their feet.

For the full version of this week’s CM playlist on Grooveshark, click here.