What Does Life is Beautiful Mean to You?

Escape reality. At Life is Beautiful Festival, downtown Las Vegas transformed into a wonderland for music lovers everywhere. Massive glowing bunnies perched on a grassy quad, four stages and an EDM tent hosted 75 bands and musical artists, craft beer flowed a plenty, and the Bling Bling dumplings lit up our taste buds. The weekend became a playground for our senses. Most of all, the positive vibes from the festival felt contagious. Find out what life is beautiful meant for these LIB believers.

dsc_0196

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Freedom and everyone being who they want to be. Expressing yourself by the way you dress the people you surround yourself with. Enjoying the music, the art, the food.”

Favorites: Young the Giant, Empire of the Sun, Major Lazer

—Kassandra Zavalza, 4th year, Business Sports Marketing, Cal State San Bernardino

dsc_0202

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Everyone should really think that life is beautiful and they should embrace it and love it and acknowledge it as being beautiful.”

Favorites: G-Eazy, The Wombats

—Alexzandriah Zagar, 3rd year, Biology, College of Southern Nevada

dsc_0223

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Life is beautiful to me is that you’re at your happiest with the people you love the most and that you’re happy where you’re at in life.”

Favorites: Empire of the Sun

—Stephanie Castillo, 2nd year, Psychology, Cal State Long Beach

dsc_0232

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“I think it means just to enjoy life. It’s like a recognition towards the soul.”

Favorites: Leon Bridges

—Mario Lodge, Sophomore, Kinesiology, Arizona State

dsc_0206

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Just everything. Humans, animals, creations of God. You’ve gotta live life to its fullest because it’s beautiful you only get one life.”

Favorites: J. Cole, Bassnectar

—Kevyn Hora, 1st year, Dental Hygiene, College of Southern Nevada

dsc_0300

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“It means freedom. Being here with best friends and wearing what you wanna wear and not caring what anyone thinks. That’s what it’s all about.”

Favorites: Bassnectar, Major Lazer, The Lumineers, The Strumbellas

—Kalie McLaughlin, Junior, Dance, University of Nevada, Las Vegas

dsc_0308

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Just means enjoying it to your fullest. Doing things that make you happy.”

Favorites: Jimmy Eat World

—Jasmine Covarrubias, Sophomore, Nursing, Nevada State College

dsc_0317

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Amazing music, amazing art, amazing food—it makes this the happiest weekend of my life right now. I listened to Oh Wonder and this one song means the world to me and I cried. This is the best thing ever.”

Favorites: Jack Garratt and AlunaGeorge

—Morgan Crite, Sophomore, Music and Acting, Bakersfield College

“I just think it means a positive outcome. It needs to be possible. Shit still happens but you need to find the positive.”

Favorites: Mumford & Sons, Bassnectar, Excision, Young the Giant, Major Lazor

—Taylor Freckleton, Junior, Nutrition, Bakersfield College

dsc_0328

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“You wanna have good friend group, good family, good future set out for you. You wanna be driven enough; you want the present to be beautiful but you want to work hard so your future is beautiful too. And I’m a big believer in karma and I think you should always have the best intensions in everything that you do.”

Favorites: Flume, Jimmy Eat World, Third Eye Blind

—Chloe Zubka, Senior, Communications, University of Nevada, Las Vegas

dsc_0329

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

“Life is beautiful is kind of like an escape so I can take a break from homework and day to day and get out and get lost in the music.”

Favorites: Empire of the Sun, Flume, Rezz

—Jennifer Thompson, Senior, Manufacturing Processes & Product Development, Metropolitan State University of Denver

More beautiful moments from Life is Beautiful:

dsc_0015

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

Jimmy Eat World

dsc_0367

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

dsc_0191

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

The Shins

dsc_0079

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

dsc_0103

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

The Naked and Famous

dsc_0188

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

Galantis

dsc_0101

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

Mumford & Sons

dsc_0127

College Magazine/Photo by Kari Gold

As College Magazine's Publisher, Amanda is passionate about creating the ultimate guide to college. She spends her free time soaking in the sun at Coronado dog beach or rocking her air guitar at The Casbah.