Fancy Pants

We’re all used to hearing about making a statement.  Statement necklaces, statement shoes, statement bags, even statement skirts are fresh in our memory; it’s safe to say fashion has taken a turn for the dramatic. And while statementpants may not be a term you’ve heard before, now’s the time to add it to your mental dictionary. (Or real life dictionary, if you please.)

Back to my point – it’s hard to be stylish (or make a stylish statement, for that matter) in the dead of winter. Puffy parkas, weather-proof boots, chapped skin, limp hair, and all of the other pleasantries that come with negative temperatures make it difficult to crawl out of bed, let along put together a stunning ensemble. Enter: the statement pant.  Even when you’re bundled up like Ralphie in A Christmas Story, there’s still hope for fashion! Particularly fabulous pants, whether colored denim, retro corduroy, or glitter-encrusted, can peek frombeneath your coat to reveal the true fashionista within. As luck would have it, this season, designers are turning out more lust-worthy pants than usual, and I’m thinking it will be a lasting trend (hello, spring pastel beauties). Pair your statement pants with a simple oversized sweater or tee, a few bold accessories, and those trusty winter boots for subzero style made simple.

{Top row: Current/Elliott leopard jeans, J Brand flares, Current/Elliott cords}

{Middle Row: Rag & Bone skinny jeans, Current/Elliott lilac jeans, J Brand cords}

{Bottom row: Current/Elliott leather pants, Calypso sequin pants, Current/Elliott skinny jeans}

Sophomore > Journalism and Art History > Indiana University

william and mary sports clubs
The 10 Quirkiest Club Sports at the College of William and Mary

William & Mary’s intense academic culture can make us seem like we’re all work and no fun. While we definitely...