Fall is fast approaching, and for some of us, this often brings a mild panic attack. (For me, at least.) It doesn’t have to be so difficult, though.
It’s the small, subtle details that make these fall pieces so special, like a particularly bright color or a bit of added texture – and they’ll all blend perfectly into your existing wardrobe.
1. Thought monograms were over? Think again. This swirly necklace is at the top of my wish list; I’m always on the hunt for classic, versatile necklaces I can wear everyday, and this one fits the bill in the chicest way possible.
2. I may have a sizable collection of bracelets, but none are as slick as this hot pink j.crew bangle. Incorporating jewel tone accessories into your wardrobe is one of the easiest ways to revive those old stand-bys!
3. When in doubt, add a stack of uptown-meets-downtown chains and you’ll be good to go (no matter what the season, really).
4. I always say a hint of leopard never hurts, especially when it’s a fuzzy bangle like this. Cooler weather usually means everyone’s wardrobes take a turn for the solid and neutral, but a flash of pattern will ensure your outfit is anything but blah.
5. Scarves are essential when the temperatures drop below 60 degrees, and they also serve as an easy way to add that rich pop of color or busy pattern to your wardrobe. This orange one from h&m is soft and cozy, but the bold Hermès-inspired hue is totally on-trend.
6. Cable knits look better than ever this season worn oversized with slim jeans and tough boots. I even recommend shopping for these in the men’s section for that looser fit.
7. Fur is having a moment this fall, but I just can’t wear a fur coat. This faux-fur stole is just as luxurious but looks more youthful – especially worn with a black leather jacket.
9. Similarly, leather is attracting a lot of attention, and I especially love this skirt from Forever 21. The twirly, ballerina shape makes it pretty and chic, not tough and trashy.
10. I’ve been eyeing these Dr. Martens since last spring, and I now believe they’re the perfect fall shoe. I’m anticipating seeing a lot of these marching around campus with tights, baggy sweaters and chic layers.
Photo Credit: sharefashions.com