Collaboration Domination: Playlist

What’s better than listening to a great musician do what they do best?

Listening to two great musicians fusing their talents together to create something all their own! Check out these ten unexpected, yet awesome collaborations that show two minds really are better than one.

1. “Somebody That I Used to Know”- Goyte feat. Kimbra

These two under-the-radar artists pair up in this quirky song featuring their surprising powerhouse voices.

2. “Knocked Up ( Remix)” –Lykke Li and Kings of Leon

Lykke Li takes this Kings of Leon song and adds her own chilling harmonies and verses giving it a whole new life.

3. “This Lady is a Tramp”- Tony Benett feat. Lady Gaga

Nothing beats two musical legends coming together and creating something absolutely monumental. This already cute and jazzy tune is only enhanced by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga’s naturally gifted voices.

4. “Aint Nothing Like You”- Blakroc feat. Most Def and Jim Jones

Each with a style all their own, Blakroc, Most Def , and Jim Jones create a powerful tune with Jim Jones and Most Def’s smooth vocals and rap over Blakroc’ssignature guitar power chords.

5. “Lost in the World”- Kanye West feat. Bon Iver

Equipped with plenty of auto-tune, Lost in the World brings Kanye West and Justin Vernon of Bon Iver together in this interestingly engaging tune.

6. “Droplets”- Colbie Callait feat Jason Reeves

Colbie Callait sticks to her usual effortless vocals and laid- back vibe in this beautiful duet featuring Jason Reeves.

7. “You Don’t Know Me”- Ben Folds feat. Regina Spektor

This upbeat and bubbly tune showcases Ben Folds and Regina Spektor at their best, creating a tune that you’ll be humming all day.

8. "Little Lou, Ugly John, Prophet John”- Belle and Sebastian feat. Norah Jones

Belle and Sebastian team up with Norah Jones and her infamous ethereal sound in this relaxed and beautiful duet.

9. “You Make Me Feel”- Cobra Starship feat. Sabi

Cobra Starship and Sabi fuse their musical styles together in this pumped up party tune.

10. “We Found Love ”- Rihanna feat. Calvin Harris

This energetic and fast paced jam is Rihanna’s latest work, featuring the DJ stylings of Calvin Harris.

Freshman > Journalism > Temple University