Big Win for College Mag

This Friday, College Magazine took home the first place prize ($2,000) for the best University of Maryland Community Business at the Entrepreneurship Invitational event thrown by the Dingman Center. We couldn’t have done it without the amazing support of Kevin Kirk (friend and fellow entrepreneur) and Diana Elbasha (our Sex & Dating editor). Since I was away in Cali meeting with our Jacob Tyler team on the new website design, Kevin and Diana were fully responsible for manning our College Mag table. They sent play-by-play text message updates of the event with pictures of our table complete with posters of our website, magazines and, of course, water pong. But the table and logoed Ping-Pong balls were the easy part. I was most impressed by Kevin and Diana’s ability to spread our College Magazine vision to the voters.

It’s through their enthusiasm for College Magazine and, in the words of Diana, talking more than she has in her entire life, that won over the voters. Thank you guys for believing in College Magazine and representing us at the competition—we couldn’t have done it without you!

As College Magazine's Publisher, Amanda is passionate about creating the ultimate guide to college. She spends her free time soaking in the sun at Coronado dog beach or rocking her air guitar at The Casbah.