Be Your Own Bartender: Fall Edition

Halloween is right around the corner, and what better way to get in the spirit than by celebrate with some fall-themed drinks? These cocktails and shooters are easy to make and a nice change from your average apple pie shot or cooler of jungle juice. Whether you’re pregaming for a Halloween bar crawl or throwing your own costume party, try one of these spookily delicious drinks:

1.) Pumpkin Pie Shot
  • 1 part coffee liqueur
  • 1 part Irish Cream liqueur
  • 1 part Goldshlager
Mix all ingredients into a shaker. Shake with ice and strain into a shot glass. Add whipped cream on top to make it feel like a true slice of pie.

2.) Jack-O-Lantern Punch
  • 2 oz. rum
  • 4 sugar cubes
  • 3 oz. club soda
  • 2 whole cloves
  • 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 2 oz. apple juice
  • apple slices, cinnamon sticks and toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Dissolve the sugar cubes in 1 oz. of club soda. Muddle the cloves with the sugar cubes. After the sugar cubes and cloves are muddled/dissolved, add the rest of the ingredients one at a time and stir. Add ice and stir until the punch is chilled. Strain the punch into a glass, punch bowl or carved out pumpkin. Top with 2 oz. club soda right before serving. Garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks and pumpkin seeds.

3.) Happy Apple Rum Twist
  • 1 ½ oz. rum
  • 3 oz. apple juice or cider
  • 1 ½ tbs lime juice
  • ½ cup crushed ice
  • apple slices for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass and garnish with apple slice.

4.) Ghost Buster Shot
  • 1 part vodka
  • 1 part melon liqueur
  • 1 part pineapple juice
  • 1 part orange juice
Mix all components into shaker. Shake with ice and strain into shot glass

Photo: Editor B at flickr.com

Sophomore > Journalism and Mass Communication > George Washington University