Be Your Own Bartender: Fall Edition

Halloween is right around the corner, and what better way to get in the spirit than by celebrate with some fall-themed drinks? These cocktails and shooters are easy to make and a nice change from your average apple pie shot or cooler of jungle juice. Whether you’re pregaming for a Halloween bar crawl or throwing your own costume party, try one of these spookily delicious drinks:

1.) Pumpkin Pie Shot
  • 1 part coffee liqueur
  • 1 part Irish Cream liqueur
  • 1 part Goldshlager
Mix all ingredients into a shaker. Shake with ice and strain into a shot glass. Add whipped cream on top to make it feel like a true slice of pie.

2.) Jack-O-Lantern Punch
  • 2 oz. rum
  • 4 sugar cubes
  • 3 oz. club soda
  • 2 whole cloves
  • 1 pinch fresh nutmeg
  • 1 oz. lemon juice
  • 2 oz. apple juice
  • apple slices, cinnamon sticks and toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Dissolve the sugar cubes in 1 oz. of club soda. Muddle the cloves with the sugar cubes. After the sugar cubes and cloves are muddled/dissolved, add the rest of the ingredients one at a time and stir. Add ice and stir until the punch is chilled. Strain the punch into a glass, punch bowl or carved out pumpkin. Top with 2 oz. club soda right before serving. Garnish with apple slices, cinnamon sticks and pumpkin seeds.

3.) Happy Apple Rum Twist
  • 1 ½ oz. rum
  • 3 oz. apple juice or cider
  • 1 ½ tbs lime juice
  • ½ cup crushed ice
  • apple slices for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into a glass and garnish with apple slice.

4.) Ghost Buster Shot
  • 1 part vodka
  • 1 part melon liqueur
  • 1 part pineapple juice
  • 1 part orange juice
Mix all components into shaker. Shake with ice and strain into shot glass

Photo: Editor B at flickr.com

Sophomore > Journalism and Mass Communication > George Washington University

Win a VIP Ticket & Flight to IGNITE’s 2018 San Francisco Summit and Coffee with an Elected Official!

Ready to take the next step on your political journey? College women can—and will—change the world for generations to come....