12 Halloween Costumes to Suggest For Your Frenemy

Did someone really think a sexy Nemo costume was a good idea? Luckily, College Magazine is here to tell you which costumes to avoid and thoughtfully suggest to your favorite frenemy instead, because let’s face it: they deserve the embarrassment.

1. The Overpriced Sheet

(halloweencostumes.com)

This is only acceptable if you want to emulate Lizzie McGuire as Isabella in The Lizzie McGuire Movie fashion show. In that case, you go, Glenn Coco.

(pinterest.com)

In the wise words of our 90s goddess, “goodbye Lizzie McGuire, hello fabulous”?

2. The Outdated Reference

(twitter.com)

People might mistake this outdated Robin Thicke reference for the inmate look. Since when was he the memorable part of that performance, anyway?

(giphy.com)

Miley will always, always overshadow you.

3. The Beyond Racist Wig

(tumblr.com)

I didn’t know “gangsta rappers” always looked like they just got electrocuted, but hey, you do you.

(giphy.com)

Lauren Conrad is judging you.

4. The “What Are You Supposed to Be, A Slug?”

(partycity.com)

Fohtooh ma solo kaychahlah. That’s Jabba the Hutt speak for “who told you this was a good idea?”

5. The “Can You Tell How Many Girls I Get?”

(pinterest.com)

Nothing says sexy quite like sporting the geeky object you hold nearest and dearest to your heart. Maybe you’ll find your Call of Duty counterpart?

(giphy.com)

6. The Squirrel That Will Ruin Your Social Life  

(spirithalloween.com)

I demand to meet the person who paid $80 for this.

(giphy.com)

7. The Naughty Nemo

(pinterest.com)

Ellen DeGeneres (a.k.a. Dory) would be ashamed, ladies.

(giphy.com)

8. The Sexy Guitar (The G-String?)

(thisnext.com)

Okay who did this? Please explain why this guitar is wearing a skirt. If however you were going for French maid meets slightly deformed unicorn, I guess you were on the right track.

(giphy.com)

9. The Non-Functional Narwhal

(pinterest.com)

How does one walk around in this costume? If all else fails, you could always tell people you’re the grounded Oceanic flight 815 from LOST. (Too soon?)

(giphy.com)

10. The Party Animal

(spirithalloween.com)

There’s something about a tight dress and creepy animal hood that don’t quite go together.

(giphy.com)

It doesn’t even come with the monkey shoes!

11. The Walking, Talking Vegetable Garden

(twitter.com)

I guess you have to appreciate the work that went into this. Eat your vegetables, kids.

(giphy.com)

12. The Oh Deer

(spirithalloween.com)

Hey look! A political statement and a costume all in one! Nothing says impressive quite like animal cruelty.

(giphy.com)

Bonus:

(tumblr.com)

Antoine Dogson. Well done. 

Paige Levin is a sophomore studying journalism and political science at the University of Florida. When she’s not re-watching her box set of FRIENDS, you can probably find her talking about Panera mac and cheese (or just food in general). Currently, her interests (or obsessions) lie in everything and anything pop culture, Netflix binge watching, photography, going to concerts, and all of her unfortunately pathetic South Florida sports teams.