Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and the age old question remains: what do you get for the love interest in your life?
Finding the perfect Valentine’s Day gift to show that special someone just how much they’re worth (literally) can be a stressful affair. Between the endless reruns of tacky jewelry commercials and the sea of pink that seems to wash over every grocery and drug store, the buildup can be enough to drive a person cupid-crazy.
But fear not, dear readers – not every kiss has to begin with Kay. That’s right, you don’t have to spend your entire life’s savings on a diamond encrusted open heart pendant. A gag gift can be just as fun and thoughtful as a romantic one – nothing says you care like making your guy or girl giggle.
This year, switch it up and show your significant other that you have a sense of humor – and save a few bucks while you’re at it. Steer clear of flowers and chocolates and give one of these scandalous souvenirs instead. Valentine’s Day is so cheesy to begin with, why bother taking it seriously?
1. Edible underwear. This tasty treat comes in a variety of different types and flavors, including woven candy necklaces, twisted Twizzlers, and even – for those rugged men out there – beef jerky. Just don’t wear these panties out of the house.
2. Vajazzle makeover. Give your girl a gift card for this totally tacky beauty trend. Nothing says “I love you” like the gift of a glitzy nether region. Admit it, ladies: you’re curious to see how it’ll look.
3. Sex coupons. Put on your DIY hat and make a book of coupons for sexy treats that your guy or girl can redeem throughout the year. These can include new positions, locations, or anything that’s out of the ordinary in the bedroom. It’s the Valentine’s Day gift that keeps on giving.
4. Handcuffs. Preferably ones with fur around the shackles. Bonus points if the fur is pink and leopard print.
5. Blow-up doll. This inflatable friend makes the perfect gift for a long-distance relationship. Give your significant other a balloon buddy to hug and squeeze through those lonely nights when they’re missing their honey. Paste a picture of your face to the doll’s head and it’ll be like you never left.
6. Fundies (undies for two). Yes, that’s right – giant underwear for two people. Step into these bad boys with your special someone and let the fun begin.
7. Ring-for-sex bell. Keep this little guy on your bedside table for those moments when you just can’t contain yourself anymore. One ring and your beau will come running.
8. Sex dice. For those nights when you want to get weird in bed, but you’re creative juices just aren’t flowing. One die is for actions, the other is for body parts. Roll them together to see what the fates have in store for you and your boo.
9. The Karma Sutra. Pick up this classic at your local bookstore, then try out one or two of those crazy positions. Warning: you may need to stretch before trying these out. Some of them defy the laws of physics.
10. Naked Twister. Wrap up an old-fashioned Twister mat and give it to your significant other. When they shoot you a confused look, explain to them the modified rules – no clothes allowed. Let the games begin.
Photos taken from blogspot.com, amazon.com and photoshopcontest.com