10 Miley Quotes to Live By

A philosopher once said: Inside all of us is a hidden Smiler. …okay, so no one has ever said that, but admit it, you have sung along at least once to a Miley Cyrus song or watched an episode of Hannah Montana…or witnessed “Twerkgate” from her 2013 VMA performance in gif form. Regardless, Miley Ray has had no shortage of time in the spotlight. Despite that, though, she actually has some interesting things to say – albeit, some of it is a little off base, but hey, she’s just being Miley. Here’s some of Ms. Cyrus’ best (and mainly well-meaning) life advice:

1. “If someone tells you you’re not beautiful, turn around and walk away, so they can have a great view of your fabulous ass.”

Thanks, Miley. I was really feeling down about myself, but reading this definitely has me feeling more confident in my body. Totally ready to show them who’s boss, that’s for sure.

2. “Remember only God can judge us, forget the haters, ‘cuz somebody loves ya.”

You’re right, Miley. You know what? I can’t stop. I won’t stop…you know, making French fry skull party décor and feeling good about my life choices.

3. “…I can’t sing, I can’t act, I’m dumb, I’m a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever!” (to Ryan Seacrest, reacting to comments about her VMA performance)

You tell ‘em, Miles! We don’t have to care what other people think! We’re proud of who we are, ass-shaking abilities and all!

4. “…I feel empowered when I see my face on a t-shirt.” (To TV Guide, on “Hannah Montana’s” quick rise to popularity)

Don’t we all?! Quick, let’s get to that tee screening shop and post our mugs on mugs!

5. “…That’s what you’re supposed to do; you are 20, you are supposed to be a mess because you haven’t figured it out yet, and 10 years from now I am supposed to have it all together.”

Yeah, being an adult can wait! These are the wild years! Ride on construction machines butt naked! Make out with a giant baby doll! Lose your f^$&ing MIND!

6. “The training is pretty harsh, but it’s so worth it once you’re on stage and getting trophies.” 

Don’t we all want to be on stage to show off our…talents? Assets? …spirit?

7. “You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off.”

I so get that. Being positive is super important because it shows that your positivity makes you a positive person and wards off everything that isn’t positive. And like, you know…positive.

8. “…My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.”

That’s so inspirational. We’ve all been there!

9. “I think that everyone should leave Twitter. I think Twitter should be banned from this universe.” (to Chicago’s B96)

You’re right, Twitter’s totally sketchy. And I guess you came back to Twitter and now have 5,000+ tweets and over 14 million followers…ironically?

10. “If you believe in yourself anything is possible.”

Always be yourself, shiny, sparkly, leather demon crop tops and all.

Junior > Telecommunications > University of Florida