While You Were Sleeping: The Best of College Internet

Our insomniac editors find the best college stuff on the web while you catch those zzzzzzz's. There’s no shame in sleeping in.

Your daily dose of college begins:

1. BEST SPEECHES….EVER

The graduation speech that keeps giving. NPR launched a new platform of handpicked speeches, "The Best Commencement Speeches, Ever" featuring Jill Abramson's recent speech at Wake Forest University.

Abramson shares her wisdom and her feelings of embracing failure and next steps…

"A little scared, but also excited," she says.

2. PANIC OVER PANIC

The Internet overreacts to College Humor’s “How to Stop a Panic Attack in 6 Easy, Doable Steps.” If you have ever heard of College Humor or can read the word “Humor” in College Humor, you must have some small gut feeling that this isn’t a legitimate tutorial on panic attacks.

3. EMMA WATSON GRADUATES

Harry Potter kids can give up all hopes of going to Brown and cramming with study buddy Emma Watson. That's right, if you haven't heard, she graduated. Off to the the real world?

…her “BFF” was actually her bodyguard reveals BuzzFeed. #duh

4. COLLEGE IS SORTA WORTH IT

Yes, rest assured, going to college is worth it…that is, if you graduate on time. FiveThirtyEight breaks it down…"Less than 60 percent of full-time students who are enrolled in college for the first time graduate within six years." Eeek. #stopskippingclass

With that said, feel secure with your major. Or break it off all together.

5. STUDENTS IN SOLIDARITY

Hundreds of students at UCLA come together to remember the UCSB victims. Photos at the Daily Bruin.

Think we skipped a beat? Like staying up late? Send us your "While You Were Sleeping" to [email protected] and you may just wake up from your pool of drool and Red Bull to see your stuff on College Mag.

Or, better yet, send us that photo your roommate snapped of you passed out on the keyboard.