Top 10 Scooters for Campus Cruizin’

Helmet? On. Bag? Under the seat. Ready? Go. A campus scooter makes getting ready easy. We’re talking motor scooters—you left the Razor scooters of your childhood behind. You don’t want to scare mom and dad with a motorcycle just yet. And your #brokecollegestudent life prevents you from owning a car. These 10 best scooters for campus cruizin’ fit your wallet, your lifestyle and your campus. 

2 of 11

10. 49cc Bintelli Sprint

If a scooter starter pack existed, the 49cc Bintelli Sprint would be first model to test drive. It includes a basic speedometer, start button, brake handling and gas gauge. Make the model your own by choosing between trendy colors like electric blue, shiny garnet, neon yellow or charcoal gray. “If you want a cheap scooter that will last you a while then the Sprint is an okay choice. [It rides] decently smooth,” Florida State University alumnus Marissa Weisse said. The seat gives you room for two, so put your friend on the back and explore your college town for the day. With wind in your hair and the sun out giving your arms a fresh tan, you’ll feel invincible. Just don’t forget your helmet!

Price: Varies ($1000-1300)

2 of 11

Marin is a pizza snob from Chicago (deep dish only) who loves writing, baking, and wasting the day away watching videos of baby animals. She is a Journalism major at the University of Iowa and she hopes to be the editor of a magazine one day.