The Sex Question of the Day is…

Is swallowing semen really good for your hair and teeth?

Dr. Sawyer: Absolutely, and it also raises your IQ by 50 points, makes you fluent in seven languages, automatically protects you against all cancers for the rest of your life, and guarantees you’ll win a gold medal in GULLABILITY.  Are you kidding me?! The initial purveyor (and his fellow distributors) of this “seminal” information had to be a man.  He gets props for the sheer balls of using an outrageous line like that, and who knows, maybe it even worked once.  Why not?  Come on, he’s doing you a favor by providing his semen (free of charge) that can only be extracted from his body through fellatio, he’s actually protecting you from cancer, what a guy!  The short answer to this question is a resounding No!

Dr. Robin Sawyer is a professor of health and human sexuality at the University of Maryland. He's the author of Sexpertise: Real Answers to Real Questions About Sex and producer of four films on human sexuality. Want his answers? Send your questions to [email protected] We’ll keep it confidential.

Freshman > Media & Cultural Studies > University of California, Riverside