New Year Resolutions

By Lizzie Horne > Sophomore > Journalism > University of Maryland at College Park

At the end of every December, people all over the world evaluate what they have done over the course of the previous year and make resolutions for the coming year. The new year gives everyone the chance to start anew and to try new things. Emphasis on try…

Here are 10 students’ resolutions for 2010:

Ally Marcus, Sophomore, USC

I need to stop losing my cell phone! I just lost another one in a snow storm and have to get yet another one.

Roni Teich, Freshman, Swarthmore

I really have to crack down on Facebook time because I spend way too much time doing nothing online. It’s kind of a waste … actually, definitely a waste.

Marc Tori, Sophomore, Hope College

I resolve to have a least one foam party in my basement this year. Done.

Christina, Junior, Mary Washington College

I need to become more bossy! I’ve got to stop giving in and start taking control of things.

Nazanin Yousefnejad, Sophomore, University of Massachusetts at Amherst

It’s crucial that I try to stop cursing like a sailor. I think people get a little freaked out by my language.

Malcolm Foley, Sophomore, Washington University in St. Louis

I would like to learn how to bake. Instead of playing video games over breaks and such, I want to make cakes and pastries.

Laura Karp, Junior, Penn State

I know this is kind of weird, but I need to remember to shave my legs more often in the new year.

Russell King, Sophomore, Colorado State University

All I want is to party with pretty girls. Is that too much to ask?

Rebecca Meyer, Freshman, Wesleyan

I vow not to spend all my time on the internet watching clips of Glee. I should spend my time doing more work!

Alex Dolan, Sophomore, Towson

It’s about time that I stop running stop signs. In the new year I’ll try to come to a full stop.