Can certain positions make the possibility of pregnancy less likely?

Dr. Sawyer: Standing up, fully clothed at least 15 yards from an erect penis is about the only sure position to prevent pregnancy! Gravity might play a minor role in decreasing the likelihood of pregnancy, so I guess, “woman on top” might fractionally decrease the odds, but not by nearly enough for anyone to even consider this as a means of organic contraception. Some might argue that the missionary position (man on top) provides the shallowest penile penetration, thus making the sperm travel further in a hostile environment that tends to kill them, but given that a typical male’s ejaculate contains approximately 350 million sperm, you can begin to see why sexual positions aren’t so relevant. 

Win a VIP Ticket & Flight to IGNITE’s 2018 San Francisco Summit and Coffee with an Elected Official!

Ready to take the next step on your political journey? College women can—and will—change the world for generations to come....