50 by 2050 February Events

The potential for social change is thicker than the love in the air this February. Gear up for a month full of events that’ll inspire you to run for office or snag an internship to learn the ropes of community activism. Like love, activism is a battlefield. Never give up the fight.

50 by 2050 FEBRUARY CALENDAR

FEBRUARY 3: HRC: 17th Annual HRC Greater New York Gala

• New York, NY at the Marriott Marquis
  • Begins at 5:30 p.m.
  • Volunteer and celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. Be part of the movement for full equality.

FEBRUARY 7: EMERGE America: Women Building the Movement

• Washington, D.C. at Local 16
  • 6–8 p.m.
  • Join Emerge America and Run for Something to learn how they recruit, inspire and support young Americans ready to make a difference in local politics.

FEBRUARY 17: HRC: Her HRC Palm Springs

• Palm Spring, CA
  • 2–4 p.m.
  • Volunteer and join HRC in Palm Springs for the 2nd Annual Her HRC. Learn about the importance of engaging in the LGBTQ civil rights movement with a night full of inspiring music performances.

FEBRUARY 17: HRC: 2018 North Carolina Dinner

• Charlotte, NC at Le Meridien Charlotte
  • Begins at 5:00 p.m.
  • Volunteer and celebrate the LGBTQ community and HRC’s call to action. The 23rd annual HRC North Carolina Gala will be the largest LGBTQ community fundraising event in the state.

FEBRUARY 17: IGNITE: 6th Annual Young Women’s Political Leadership Conference

• Denton, Texas at Texas Woman’s University
  • 10:00  a.m.–2:30 p.m
  • Join local elected leaders like, Representative Nicole Collier, for an action-oriented conference focused on strategies for stepping up and owning your political power.

FEBRUARY 18: HRC: Rise & Dine! Drag Diner Brunch

• Charlotte, NC at Boulevard 1820
  • 11:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
  • Join HRC as they celebrate the LGBTQ community where 100% of your door ticket benefits the work of HRC.

FEBRUARY 24: HRC: 2018 Greater Philadelphia Gala

• Philadelphia, PA at Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
  • Begins at 5:00 p.m.

FEBRUARY 24: HRC: 2018 HRC Arizona Gala Dinner

• Phoenix, AZ at Sheraton Grand Phoenix
  • Begins at 5:00 p.m.
  • The HRC Arizona Dinner is Arizona’s way of supporting the Human Rights Campaign by recognizing heroes who’ve moved equality forward.

APPLY NOW

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Project Manager Internship: Apply here 

Membership Internship: Apply here

Communications – Social Media Internship: Apply here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Spring Semester Internship

Apply here: Alabama, Arkansas or Mississippi

Various internships with the organization: More info here

RUNNING START

2018 Fall Fellowship interest form: Apply here

VICTORY FUND

Special Events Internship: Apply here

Development Fundraising Internship: Apply here

Political Internship: Apply here

Communications Intern: Apply here

GET INVOLVED

HIGHER HEIGHTS

Become a member: http://www.higherheightsforamerica.org/member

IGNITE

Join or Start your own campus chapter

IGNITE

#DeclareYourAmbition

RUNNING START

Join #ILookLikeAPolitician 

Train women to run on your campus with an Elect Her workshop: More info

EMILY’S LIST

Run to Win

Training to run for office: Apply here

EMERGE AMERICA

Training to run for office: More info

SHE SHOULD RUN

Nominate yourself to run for office: Get started here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

Become a student member: Apply here

HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN

#Resist: More info

VICTORY FUND

Sign petitions and show the government that you stand with the LGBTQ community: More info

POWERFUL WOMEN LEADERS

Demos: Ideas & Action President Heather McGhee 

“There are 11 major cities that have zero women in office, the United States is 70 percent women and people of color but Congress is 71 percent white men. It’s time for women, including young women, to break through the barriers and become the leaders in government that they already are in their communities and schools.”

Belfast, Maine Mayor Samantha Paradis

“Women bring a unique voice to the table that hasn’t been heard. Right now is a time in history where we’re standing up and saying, “It’s time to be heard.” There’s this concept of being seen but not heard. We need to stand up and demand a seat at the table.”

HELP MAKE CONGRESS 50% WOMEN BY 2050

Brianna is a senior at the University of Florida studying Journalism and Women's Studies. She lives off of iced coffee and tacos, is a happy feminist and watches too much reality television when she's not writing.

How to Become a Nurse Practitioner

Interested in saving lives without going to medical school? Becoming a nurse practitioner may be the job for you. However,...